H_HBattles.zip The Return (Erdrik::::DarkMagic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Hmm... that new shokrifle looks kewl... and if I am not mistaken that was rather simple too... I would never have expected that to look so good.

What's the blue guy on the 5th screen?

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Sheesh... only interested in the rifle and the blue guy? :p blech....

the 'Blue Guy' is a Mercenary Elite from Unreal1.
I kinda thought the RIfle was a little too much(visualy) I was thinking of scaling down the beam particals a bit....

What about the map?! anything you can see from the shot that need to go under scrutiny(sp?)?

Claw

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
2nd shot: 'spartanic' comes to mind; and the edges between the wall sections stand out. Texture misaligned/bad choice maybe?

6th shot: the tops of the columns stand out :hmm:
I happen to like large scale ceiling textures, but if goes well with the columns...

I liked the coronas of the torches in shot3... not overbright flares :tup:

I think you'd rather wait for the amateur pro's critics. I see some intriguing architectural concepts though.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
isnt the "roof" in the second to last madly over-sized?

wont that look bad on low-end comps?

Claw

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by mister_cope
isnt the "roof" in the second to last madly over-sized?

wont that look bad on low-end comps?

Not all roofs are tiled yaknow. Some roofs simply have some large decorations, making the roof look like one big ...thing. Castles are know to have some such roofs.

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Claw

Not all roofs are tiled yaknow. Some roofs simply have some large decorations, making the roof look like one big ...thing. Castles are know to have some such roofs.

i seem to remember it being a small window texture is all. like the small windows you see in the same pic...

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
well. the ceiling looked ok in game lol...

but some of the enamies around the maze were too strong. 1 hit kills arent good imo.

also, unreal weapons are better than ut weapons. certainly for sp.

the "earth spirits" were cool. but the warlord guy's skin sucked bad.

the new shock rifle was cool. but the second function....lol. talk about anticlimactic...

Claw

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Well, the shock rifle looks good, but... strong enough? Nah. I found the enemies no problem. I got 'em all over long distance, and in the mazie I lured them to the entrance so I could ambush them. No sweat.

Only problem is, IF they hit you, they hit you hard. Dunno if that's so good. Plus, the enemies seemed to become weaker rather than stronger as I proceeded in the level. W³rd.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
well. the ceiling looked ok in game lol...

but some of the enamies around the maze were too strong. 1 hit kills arent good imo.

You mean the ground level enemies or the two snipers?
also, unreal weapons are better than ut weapons. certainly for sp.
:o_O:?
the "earth spirits" were cool. but the warlord guy's skin sucked bad.

the new shock rifle was cool. but the second function....lol. talk about anticlimactic...
Im still working on the secondary... I want it to be rapid fire :p

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Claw
Well, the shock rifle looks good, but... strong enough? Nah. I found the enemies no problem. I got 'em all over long distance, and in the mazie I lured them to the entrance so I could ambush them. No sweat.

Why would the shock be powerfull? its the begining of the Map... You'll get the strong weapons later ;) besides you really think a weapon of 'Good' will be effective against 'Good'? You'll be geting a real powerfull 'Evil' type weapon later... and if you goto the 'Evil Pit' You'll get the really powerful 'Good' weapons....
maybe I should block the maze entrance after you enter so you can't exit that way :sniper:
Only problem is, IF they hit you, they hit you hard. Dunno if that's so good.
Ill tweek the damage.
Plus, the enemies seemed to become weaker rather than stronger as I proceeded in the level. W³rd.
:con: mmm Ill fix that...

Keep in mind I haven't gotten to the 'Hard' enemies yet.

Claw

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Call me Erdrik
Why would the shock be powerfull? its the begining of the Map...

Why should I be thrilled at getting a new gun that is weaker than what I already have?
The shock may be stronger then the Enforcer, but it's projectile and firing speed are lower, making it less efficient.
I used the dispersion gun all the time anyway, although I have the feeling its existence is a bug (or isn't it?)
And I prefer the looks of the U weapons btw. Maybe keep that in mind for new guns.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
?? I thought I removed the Dispersion pistle.... or did I do that after I uploaded.... well its not suppose to be there and won't be later... and I intend to increase the ammo load for the Shock and make the secondary a rapid fire which shoul help make it more usefull than the enforcer..

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
the ground level krall with pusle rile second fire and the mercinary with powerfull dispersion blasts are of the one-or-two hit to kill variety but definately the hedge snipers with the ut sniper rifles too...

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
the ground level krall with pusle rile second fire and the mercinary with powerfull dispersion blasts are of the one-or-two hit to kill variety but definately the hedge snipers with the ut sniper rifles too...
The Krall and The Mercenary are Mini Bosses....
Didn't the little messege pop up when you killed them?
I could probly make it bigger tho it be cooler if I could get some voice overs ^_^ hee hee

and whats the point of sniperrifles if there weak ? :con:

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
im no expert on sp. im sure hellscrag or someone could tell us better. but generally snipers dont seem to take quite as serious damage. combined with the other heavy hitters...it makes your little alice in wonderland bad-trip level quite tricky for its length.

oh, and the warlord guy at the end... the skin sucks so bad.

(were you heard that before lol?)

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
as long as you realise it is possible to get their sniper rifles if you hit them right...

its the only way i could get past that mofo merc lol.

but then im a bit **** still.