Your Favorite band........

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
I really don't understand why anybody would listen to slipknot, they just yell a lot, at least Fear Factory has SOME songs with music in it, but slipknot nope.

IMO they are like one of those things people listen to so they can pretend to be rebels and that is displayed in their fans judging from ther concert attendants... they are all fat/drunk/rednecks or all of those combined.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
I liked Slipknot for about 12 minutes, Godsmack for almost 25 :D

NIN used to be one of my favorites but I just don't like 90% of his/their/its music any more. :hmm:

I've found that most of the CD's I end up liking the best are the ones I buy, listen to once or twice, and shelve for a month or more. Then I listen again and never stop loving it.

[121st]Calvin

You will die, sooner or later
Apr 2, 2001
Germany
www.infiltrationmod.de
Slipknot shall not contain music.
It's all about noise and yelling ...nothing more.
They also have some songs with music in it: Wait and Bleed and Me Inside (in the end)

My favorite is "Spit it out" ...that rocks ...especially in UT :D

But you're right, Fur! Slipknot is heard by the wrong people ... GO BACK TO LINKIN PARK! DAMN TEENIES! :mad:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Primal Scream are definitely a "they". Got Exterminator?

In the pile nearest my CD player:
Senser
Tipper
Barry Adamson
Roots Manuva
Lexi Love
New Flesh For Old
Less
Killing Joke
Public Enemy
LSK
Baby Fox
New Wet Kojak
23 Skidoo
Common
Ryu Project
Deftones
GVSB
2nd Gen
*cough* Limp Bizkit *cough*

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Gvn n t prml scrm's bd grmmr tyrnny, h?

edit:
If you're getting MP3's and stuff, look out for Massive Attack's remix of Xtrmntr

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Mr Bungle of course... I alos have a penchant for other Patton based material, and System of a Down is slowly getting there.

Then of course, theres Hendrix...You just can't beat the classics.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
I just hit 1111 files in my winamp playlist after two months. Not only that, but I just backed up about 15 gigs worth of mp3s. I don't detest any musical genre or artist, but I lack the ability to appreciate country and boybands. I think it's safe to say I don't have a favorite band, but if I did, you'd <b>all</b> damn well know who it would be. :)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by The_Fur
I really don't understand why anybody would listen to slipknot, they just yell a lot, at least Fear Factory has SOME songs with music in it, but slipknot nope.
I used to say that about 'heavy metal'-music ages ago ...
Now I have a few CD's and I've noticed that it isn't all about 'screaming' & 'generic loud noise' ...

Try making any kind of music yourself and you'll notice it isn't that easy.

IMO they are like one of those things people listen to so they can pretend to be rebels and that is displayed in their fans judging from ther concert attendants... they are all fat/drunk/rednecks or all of those combined.
Any act/mod/whatever that's popular will attract its share of 'wannabe (just don't get it)'-types. That doesn't make the mod/band/whatever bad by definition.
Because if you really believe that it would mean that just because there are some folks out there that don't get what Infiltration is about, Inf is bad too ...

And even if someone doesn't "get it" initially ... so what ?
There's always the chance they might grow to like it later.