Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Does Torchlight 2 use Steamworks? I don't think it uses it for matchmaking, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully it lets you invite people from your Steam friends...

Also, Torchlight 2 comes out in 24 hours (Thursday). :)

I don't know what it means, but the fact you and haarg can only connect with the same person and are essentially having the same problem points to some similarity in the way you are set up. How is your network set up? What Windows are you on? Is the Windows Firewall enabled?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
[SCREENSHOT]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578967822688916364/3F900B17C38B40CFDCF33804D366B47CC09F51CF/[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578967822688915504/460260BDFE5A63F5476979372CB3009725D996C2/[/SCREENSHOT]

so, as a German being used to censorship I'd say the blood splatter textures don't work/load???

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So for those that have played a good chunk of the game I am going share what exactly I worked on. Still using spoiler tags for those not so far into the game

I did a lot of work in Sanctuary with two other LD's. In addition I put together the mission Plan B where Scooter attempts to get Sanctuary flying but the plan backfires. If you went do Dr. Zed and helped him with surgery and then spoke to Tannis afterwards was also done by me.

However, I am most proud of the Sanctuary attack mission that took months to setup and workout the timing and pacing to make the mission tense and exciting. Some cool things to notice during the attack are that people in Sanctuary will get pasted by moonshots, and every now and then you will see some people run to the fast travel station and use it to get out of town.

Finally I worked on the mission called Data Mining in the Arid Nexus. This was a fun one as I got to setup and design the pipeline and the concept of driving a vehicle into the pipeline to make an opening to go to the Info Stockade. Also TWTW did the level design for Arid Nexus it was fun to work with him to combine my mission ideas with his level.

Along with that I did some other minor LD/visual work in other levels.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I'm asking this as a backward thinking PC dinosaur: Can I install, launch and fucking play that game, or do I have to spend two weekends fiddling around with minigames and bullshit to unlock sh** so I can finally fucking play the fucking game?

so, as a German being used to censorship I'd say the blood splatter textures don't work/load???

The blood seems to work on some. Others not. Sometimes this is an explosion texture. It's always related to something involving guns though. It's not like I randomly went up to it and just saw it. This texture was sometimes after a gun battle with bad guys.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Yeah check out this update my niggaz

I just joined 2 different pubbies and 1 that I couldn't join because the game was full. Still can only join 1 friend. This proves my shit is not broken otherwise I would not have been able to join at all.

Not going to spend any more time troubleshooting this game and instead will enjoy what I can. The single player will be $40 dollars well spent anyway.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Anyone know how thre golden key works? Is it once per character, or once with each preorder?

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Pretty cool game. Just gotta note some complaints.

Multiplayer seems like a mad dash to who can steal all the loot first. It's kind of frustrating when you see an awesome item but somebody steals it before you can.

The world is way too static. Things like bottles, bodies hanging from ropes, items on shelves, etc... All of them are immovable. It feels like a much older game in this sense. In this day and age, I expect things to go flying when you start blasting an enemy base with rockets.

Very little interactivity with NPCs. It's cool that they all have something to say, but I want to be able to cause chaos by shooting them and whatnot. Kind of like Deus Ex: HR.

Lack of indoor locations. There's a ton of doors and curtained off entrances but you can't enter any of them. Makes the experience feel a lot more linear.

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
Mozi, I didn't know that you and TWDW worked at Gearbox; it's great to see BuF bros succeed after all of those hours making maps and stuff. :cheers:

Anyway, anyone playing this on the 360? Send a message to Synastren BuF

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
So for those that have played a good chunk of the game I am going share what exactly I worked on. Still using spoiler tags for those not so far into the game

I did a lot of work in Sanctuary with two other LD's. In addition I put together the mission Plan B where Scooter attempts to get Sanctuary flying but the plan backfires. If you went do Dr. Zed and helped him with surgery and then spoke to Tannis afterwards was also done by me.

However, I am most proud of the Sanctuary attack mission that took months to setup and workout the timing and pacing to make the mission tense and exciting. Some cool things to notice during the attack are that people in Sanctuary will get pasted by moonshots, and every now and then you will see some people run to the fast travel station and use it to get out of town.

Finally I worked on the mission called Data Mining in the Arid Nexus. This was a fun one as I got to setup and design the pipeline and the concept of driving a vehicle into the pipeline to make an opening to go to the Info Stockade. Also TWTW did the level design for Arid Nexus it was fun to work with him to combine my mission ideas with his level.

Along with that I did some other minor LD/visual work in other levels.
I stopped reading after the first paragraph because that is where I am now. Very cool. I've enjoyed all the little missions like that as it makes you feel like you're getting something done without having to invest ages of time and the interaction with familiar faces is tons of fun. It really feels like there's a lot to do in each area now and not so much running back and forth across the world to simply collect 47 of A for person B.

The writing has always been a strong suit of Borderlands and so far I am enjoying it even more. I just did the "renaming the Bullymong" quest from Sir Hammerlock and was laughing out loud while I played. I can't wait to experience the rest.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Wow, talk about derp
Apparently you can give yourself unlimited golden keys and PremiereClub access rather easily
Gearbox pres says they know of it and will do something about it, but haven't decided what the punishment should be to those that abused it

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Wow, talk about derp
Apparently you can give yourself unlimited golden keys and PremiereClub access rather easily
Gearbox pres says they know of it and will do something about it, but haven't decided what the punishment should be to those that abused it
It's already closed off. They patched it this afternoon.