Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
mined vertically down, and then started clearing out a space, broke a roof tile and lava came pouring down, and when i tunnelled around looking for the source of the lava i found a giant underground cave with iron red-stone, diamonds and a river flowing through it.

ace

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
xXPZn.jpg

Big bridge on the private server I go on, mostly by a buddy of mine, but we all chipped in making it. Goes on even longer than this, as well.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I saw a review for this last week so I downloaded it.

I got nowhere with it pretty quickly and felt myself being sucked into it.

In fact, I'm going to keep playing it.

It's an intriguing game; no doubt.

Mar 6, 2004
I saw a review for this last week so I downloaded it.

I got nowhere with it pretty quickly and felt myself being sucked into it.

In fact, I'm going to keep playing it.

It's an intriguing game; no doubt.

It is a refreshing change from all those people who decided graphics were more important then gameplay. This pretty much goes to show you gameplay and fun is what a game is all about, not how pretty it looks. Gameplay is what keeps the players playing the game instead of "yawn this is boring".

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
What happened to your server? i go in this morning and everything is gone. :( I gave up after 5 minutes, i could not get a minepick or a shovel...i dunno WTF happened to the server for it to be unable to make those but that is what happened so i gave up for the day.

We re-gen'd the world. It's not a big deal, it was just time for a change. That world had problems anyways. And can you please delete that quote? Thank you.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
It is a refreshing change from all those people who decided graphics were more important then gameplay. This pretty much goes to show you gameplay and fun is what a game is all about, not how pretty it looks. Gameplay is what keeps the players playing the game instead of "yawn this is boring".

Exactly. To me, I really don't care about graphics (as much) if there is well-executed gameplay. If the gameplay quality is great, then your imagination can fill in quality graphics, even if the graphics aren't considered "up to date" or "pretty." The same thing can be said about books. Books with illustrations do not need nearly the amount of textual descriptions about the subject being illustrated. Books without illustrations must rely on exceptional written descriptors, so that the reader can use their own imagination to paint their mental illustrations.

A great example of this is Deus Ex. That game had horrid graphics, but the story/gameplay more than makes up for it. When I played the game for the first time, I actually was so immersed in the game that I began imagining the world differently and in more detail than what the graphics engine produced.

I digress from the thread topic.

Also w00t to my 3000th post!

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Server crashes and world regens have mostly killed any interest I had in multiplayer. I'll probably just stick to single player from now on.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Here's a couple renders of the new world so far. It doesn't look like much on the map but we've actually gotten a lot done. In this world we are much more spread out and there is substantially more ground to cover for roads and such. We're working on a castle right now that will be the common area. For reference, we're mostly clustered in the bottom right of the image. SleepyHe4d wanted to be different so he went way the **** out into the middle of nowhere and started building a huge fortress :D It's in the top left corner of the image.

[SCREENSHOT]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/darkusedius/Minecraft/ServerGames/map5-obliqueangle-day-1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/darkusedius/Minecraft/ServerGames/map5-obliqueangle-night-1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Server crashes and world regens have mostly killed any interest I had in multiplayer. I'll probably just stick to single player from now on.

Eh, don't let the past couple of days on my server queer you against MP as a whole. I had never run a Minecraft server before so I didn't know all of the ins and outs. Now I do and everything is going swimmingly. Also, we won't be wiping this world for at least a few weeks. Maybe even longer. I am making regular backups so even if something did happen we wouldn't lose much.

Last edited:

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I noticed a LOT of these floating above the area where I spawn. Found it interesting. This one has helped me locate a mine I made out of the side of a hill.

While digging in a mine I created in my 'home', I found a cavern with gold, diamond, lava, and redstone :tup: I'm quite happy with my adventures today! :)

Attachments

• FloatingMC.JPG
    FloatingMC.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 27

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Well, that was the last straw. I'm not playing any longer until he fixes these stability issues. That's the hundredth time I've lost half a chest worth of loot because of freezes. Player inventory stays the same after the crash, but any changes to the world since the last save are lost, so for example if you hollowed out a room or placed a bunch of signs that will all be lost, but whatever you used from your inventory will not be back when you restart. And if you die, then it freezes on your way to pick up your dropped items, they'll be gone when you get there. **** this.