XMP is coming to UT2004! - Free Monkey Interactive Announces UT XMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
http://www.free-monkey.com/

UTXMP_PROMO_FINAL.jpg

Zetto

XMP Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2004
This thread is gonna be sooo loooooong......

Last edited:

BaRrOw

DA HOOCH!!
Jan 23, 2004
www.dark-democracy.com
OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF OMF

Yay! :D

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Hmm...very interesting indeed. I hope it converts well. I would love to see xmp continue if even if I have to give in to the darkside and buy ut2k4. We want betas! :D(not the fish either)

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
Mopap said:
So owners of u2 get a free copy of 2k4 right? Right?

hope that too. or they should try to make it compatible to u2:xmp so people can join the same servers regardless which xmp they are using. (probably highly doubtful though)

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
so i have to buy the crap 2k4 is too play xmp in new maps,better fps,beautiful graphics,...
hmmm,can't wait,looks like xmp is gonna be a culthit.

babau

XMP Beta Tester
Sep 30, 2003
FREE MONKEY QUIT COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000T!!!

VAMO CARAJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

Go-Bot

Shadow Leadership
Jan 23, 2004
over there somewhere
YESSSSSSSSS!!! that is the best news i have heard ALL MONTH! this is gonna be tight .. i cant wiat for the release but im also prepared for disappiontment ... the U2XMP is by far a game in its own .. but my god . i hope its better ... (so happy i bought UT2K4)

Zetto

XMP Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2004
I hate to break the party but r u guys sure that Atari won't sue u over copyright infringement? I remember long threads debating this very issue of user-made port of XMP to UT2k4 and there were valid arguments to support Atari's legal rights to XMP content.

:D

More fuel for discussion on this thread ;)

[BBF]Elessar

Feb 18, 2004
To ATARI - Many others and I will buy (money for you) UT2004 if this comes out with a true U2:XMP feel to it. Support Free Monkeys. What? Atari ignored that...what's new....

Anyway *Elessar tucks his reserved high hopes away for now*

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
yeah but it's being developed for an atarigame being played by people who bought an atari game,look at lucasarts,they didn't sue the guys that did the troopers mod for 2k3,if it's all going to be the magic that xmp is atari may praise the people who are developing this and putting time and effort in this x2k4mp thing,o o o gunner with spider mines,tech with link gun to repair vehicles,just look at all the possibilities.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Unreal II's Expanded Multiplayer add-on was a great multiplayer experience which sadly had it's life cut short by the closure of Legend Entertainment

*peers around*

*sees servers and players*

*sees a forum which usually has more posts and people viewing it than all other Unreal title forums on a daily basis*

*looks in the mirror*

*checks his hard-drive*

Oh yeah, XMP IS dead. It's life HAS been cut short. Amazing I didn't notice this already. Gee aren't I slow on the uptake :rolleyes:

Good announcement, BAD QUOTE :eek:

/me laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.