Bit of an XMP problem...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Accidentally hit some key on my numpad or something, ended up getting me kicked, possibly banned even, from X-Clan. Anyway, it makes you continually look straight up, i hit some other one that had me backing up non-stop. Does anyone know what key that is? Or if it's the same one for both?

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Dandeloreon1984 said:
sounds like your keyboard is going bad :/ because of sticky keys.

I doubt it. The keys pop right back up to normal position, and i've had no trouble with em while typing. But i suppose it's possible that something on my numpad is ****ed...But like i said, doubt it...regardless, one of them was a look function, and had me look upwards, so i don't even know what key that was if it WAS sticky.

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
I can check...though, i haven't changed anything from the defaults, so it wouldn't make much sense...

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Actually I recall someone on this board posting about a similar problem....hmmmm

/me fires up the searching engines

Dragon_X

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 1, 2003
well me, my mouse does this wierd spinny thing when i look straight up and i spin super fast, in ANY game, i need a new mouse....i've died to many times because of that prob

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
I gots a new mouse. It's a bitch, but it's an optical by logitech..pretty comfy, but it's tough gettin used to it.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
SIX, its a mouse bug in XMP, all you can do is reconnect. Respawning or enter vehicles/turrets doesn't help.

.sl0w.

All you have to do when this bug appears is:

Press NUM - and push the same ( speech ) -key on the numpad you just pressed -> then press NUM again and keep enjoying XMP...

-Or NUM and h0mer the whole numpad till it stops :D

...w0rks both.

thanks to my broken keyboard, rest in peace...

Last edited:

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
cool man. yeah i figured that out, just didn't know what key it was, or about having to push num aswell. but through random pushing, i got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.