2k4 is installed again.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I know I'm horribly rusty, tho even at my peak I could barely hold my own with some of you guys
Got too used to games that have a reload function. Hopped into a game the other night and kept hitting Mouse5 to reload...

Hey that's my reload key of choice too! :D

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
So I played a botmatch against 10 bots on Rankin set at Masterful. I died a lot at the beginning but by the end I finished with 50+ frags over the second place bot.

I'm definitely not used to the midget people flipping all over the place and why the hell do they randomly crouch in the middle of shooting at you? What idiot thought that was a good idea to put into the AI?

I'm gonna go try a pub and see how I do.
People can't headshot you when you're crouching

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think it was that, if you're standing still in UT3, your opponent's head's hitbox is larger.

Actually I think that what the code did, is that it made the head hitbox larger when you were standing still, camping.

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I've had it install for month but haven't played.

Played some last night and was reminded of how much i love this game.

Even on the shitty ONS maps in SpamVikings (only decent ONS server left) it's still a ton of fun :D

Apr 11, 2006
For those of you playing 2k4, feel free to check out Clan DW's new server, Monster Evolution:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf56nckArXE&feature=player_embedded[/M]

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Eh, I know a few have griped on the )o( forums about some maps that constantly get voted in, namely the MinusTankMeUp variants
Also to note, a lot of the )o( maps have shitloads of custom vehicles. One fully custom is called the Badger, there's 3-4 Manta variants, a half-dozen Raptors, couple of Scoprs/Benders, some oddball Paladin variants and at least 6 or so Goliaths(slow and a fair bit of armor, but obliterates just about everything in one shot)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
People can't headshot you when you're crouching
If a real person randomly ducks because I have the ltg out, they're going to die even faster. But the bots duck even if I have the mini out which makes no sense.

Tell me when you guys are playing midget men and I'll join in. I suck at 2k4 now but it's so retarded, it's fun.

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
Eh, I know a few have griped on the )o( forums about some maps that constantly get voted in, namely the MinusTankMeUp variants
Also to note, a lot of the )o( maps have shitloads of custom vehicles. One fully custom is called the Badger, there's 3-4 Manta variants, a half-dozen Raptors, couple of Scoprs/Benders, some oddball Paladin variants and at least 6 or so Goliaths(slow and a fair bit of armor, but obliterates just about everything in one shot)

Yeah, see that's the sort of stuff i don't really like.

My favorite ONS maps are good vanilla or ECE maps, which some of the good user created ones.
I cannot figure out why people vote for the spammy tank-infested style crap maps, but they do. Again and again.

I've been playing a bit again recently since i got my horrible packetloss issues somewhat resolved for now.
Really wish more people like TDM, but even years ago when i stopped playing regularly, no one was playing TDM much.