Connecting to a specific IP address?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
Me and a few friends wanted to play online together against bots. We all tried making a game and connecting to each others IP addresses via the Open Location option, but the screen just sat at connecting forever. We all have Version 436, all have legit copies from way back when, none of us had our firewalls up. Any ideas?

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
You probably have to forward ports on the host. Go to the router config and forward the ports to the machine that is hosting. Also make sure that you connect to their WAN IP, not the LAN one (192.168.x.x is LAN)

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
You probably have to forward ports on the host. Go to the router config and forward the ports to the machine that is hosting. Also make sure that you connect to their WAN IP, not the LAN one (192.168.x.x is LAN)

Yeah, we're connecting to normal IPs (non-LAN). I haven't looked into port forwarding, can try that...can also try Hamachi, one of my friends has used it before. Thanks fellas :) I'll post back tonight with an update

Edit: And holy cow, haven't seen your name in YEARS Waffnuffly! Hope all is well

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Edit: And holy cow, haven't seen your name in YEARS Waffnuffly! Hope all is well
loooooooooooool same to you! Doing fine on this end.

If you haven't forwarded ports and you're the host, that's like 99% likely to be the cause. If that doesn't work, Hamachi may be able to fix it. UT is pretty good with netcode, though, so you shouldn't have to go through too much trouble.