Any class based mods with *decent* bot support?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
I tried
UTC, it works, but very bland. What about others like FEBA, UF, U4eF? Does U4eF alter normal Ufe btw?

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Can this mod be applied to any game type, like Jailbreak? Not that it matters much, as long as I can use any CTF map.

Also This section of the forums is messed up, things go screwy when I try to make a thread or reply

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Arf, it has its own CTF gametype but it's not for standard maps ...
also I think you should customize the bots if you want them more intelligent and smart.

I think there is the mod Weapons Factory for standard CTF maps it works pretty well and you have some classic UT weapons, some modified ones and some new weapons
I think WF is the mod you want to play second the fact you want to play with CTF maps, but it's only a CTF class based gametype
http://weaponsfactory.planetunreal.gamespy.com/
I hope you will be happy with

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
I already got WF. It says it has zero bot support, but I didn't ever try it. And what do you mean by customize bots?

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
I already got WF. It says it has zero bot support, but I didn't ever try it. And what do you mean by customize bots?

Weapons factory Arena does have bots in it (perhaps you don't have the latest version?) and it's a great mod. Unreal Fortress seemed good to me, too. I'd try them both, if I were you.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
I tried FEBA and WF. They force you to use those god awful basic models with horrid skins(though the original are just as boring). Not sure about U4eF, the models are corrupted for some reason. U4eF Might of been sweet to use with jailbreak, if the models didn't turn into blobs of splattered paint. All I found was WFUT, not WFA, if there is any difference.

I can't find any maps for UF other than that 70 MB bonus file with about 20 maps, but that's hardly much.

I suppose im stuck with UTC. It might just be the old weapons and 3 new ones, but least it adds a little flavor and lets you keep the models you normally use.

Still don't know what you all mean by customizing their skills or w/e.

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
Unreal fortress is the mod who has the best bot support, because unlike WF bots builds defenses and uses special abilities, this isn't perfect but that's better than nothing.
But if you want to get bots who uses special abilities in the best way you need to customize them, it's the same menu as you use to change their skins

In that menu you have an option called skill adjust that you need to pull at maximum to have a good AI

War_Master

May 27, 2005
You should try the TacticalOps mod. It has the best customized bot support I've seen in UT and the maps are well build for them.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
I got TO, just not the latest version. Bots play like normal UT bots. 200 MB is way too much to download for the latest version. not even sure what's the latest version for that.

Last edited:

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
They didn't make many maps for Fortress. What a shame. Surely there has to be more for such a huge mod, I just cannot believe that.

I'd like to find some nice mutators to make any UT gametype play differently, but everything that's archived has no info on it.

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
The map pack contains some of them, but yes there isn't much maps for that fortress, but it's very enjoyable to play

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Stuffswapper is nice. The random starting weapons doesn't work though. Too bad you can't make everything completely random with pickups and starting gear. Can't beat U4e's customizaion, like changing ammo pickups with more weapons.

Now an awsome mutator would be something like stuffswapper and UTC combined in one. I just hate seeing bots pick up a load of crap and all end up using the same weapon anyways.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
That like worm and stuffswapper? I didn't see that anywhere, and ut-files isn't working right now.

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
As far as I remember remember pinata (or may be it was called pikata, I'm not sure) is a mutator that makes players and bots drop not only the weapon they're using at the moment of death but everything they have including armor and powerups

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
It's Piñata with an accent upside the "n" and yes that mutator allow every dead pawn to drop all their weapons, items and power ups
Also there is a "have stuff" mutator that give you the loadout of your killer and "keep stuff" to keep your weaponry at the next respawn

http://browse.files.filefront.com/U...cations+Mutators+pickup/;37;/browsefiles.html
Take the Pinataretail.umod
http://www.fileplanet.com/75580/0/0/0/2/section/Mutators
And here take the Pinata v2

http://www.fileplanet.com/75580/0/0/0/1/section/Mutators
Take the blink mutator pack for the have stuff keep stuff and such

It's unavailable at the other sites except perhaps in the BU site