Any class based mods with *decent* bot support?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
About TF2, bought it for $10 this weekend (you sure it was free?) and thought it would be as good as TFC....wrong!

Long respawn times are not only long but patronizing. And there's too many control point maps compared to ctf ones...and no nades to protect yourself from heavy gunners. It'll take me a while to get used to it and I'll keep it,but tfc is way more fun for old school gamers. Too bad it's mostly bots on tfc servers...

To answer your question, as I said UNF is the closest to pure TF gameplay while WFUT is more closer to UT gaming. 2 different styles really... I'd only recommend u4e fortress if you like over the top weapons ;)

If you want to know what generations arena is google wirehead studio and check their web site. Mod manual explains it best.

BACON.

Mar 29, 2001
Chicago, Illinois
www.nocab.org
About TF2, bought it for $10 this weekend (you sure it was free?) and thought it would be as good as TFC....wrong!

Long respawn times are not only long but patronizing. And there's too many control point maps compared to ctf ones...and no nades to protect yourself from heavy gunners. It'll take me a while to get used to it and I'll keep it,but tfc is way more fun for old school gamers. Too bad it's mostly bots on tfc servers...

To answer your question, as I said UNF is the closest to pure TF gameplay while WFUT is more closer to UT gaming. 2 different styles really... I'd only recommend u4e fortress if you like over the top weapons ;)

If you want to know what generations arena is google wirehead studio and check their web site. Mod manual explains it best.

Well, it was free gameplay for the weekend and available at a 50% discount. You didn't have to buy it to be able to try it.

When I finally got to play 2Forts it vaguely resembled fun, and that started to change my mind because otherwise there was no way I was going to buy it, $10 or otherwise. When I went to give it another try I was locked out of all of the servers because the free weekend had ended, even though it was still Sunday afternoon. The clock was still ticking if I wanted to take advantage of the discount, but it became moot once I found out that $10 isn't anything to get excited about, anyways.

The lack of grenades, I think, is very disappointing. They apparently want you to be quickly switching back and forth between weapons, instead, and the game is just too fast-paced for that.

I'd found that WireHead Studios but it didn't look like it had anything to do with Unreal.

Erm..

You don't know where to get CTF2UNF?

I've got a bunch of archived builds of CTF2UNF, and I can actually do you one better and get you a build of Unreal Fortress I was working on that is newer than Gold (it was supposed to be released with the female character models that never got finished), but first I'll have to sit down and sift through everything and figure out what's what.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Well, it was free gameplay for the weekend and available at a 50% discount. You didn't have to buy it to be able to try it.

I picked it up for $10 cause it they also released a Mac version, so I don't feel ripped off about it. I played a few rounds of 2Forts which is fine with lots of other people playing. But I still go back to TFC anyway, plus I also installed the Forever Fortress mod which I'll have to play around with soon as I can find a populated server.

The lack of grenades, I think, is very disappointing. They apparently want you to be quickly switching back and forth between weapons, instead, and the game is just too fast-paced for that.

I don't like that part either. At least they gave you an edge against a HWguy...and now he's invincible with the Medic's Ubercharge... :rolleyes:

I'd found that WireHead Studios but it didn't look like it had anything to do with Unreal.

Their mod is based on the classic id games all in one mod. I'm planning to do something like that for the Unreal series, and Wirehead's not involved at all. I'll ask permission to use the concept once I get something tangible going.

I've got a bunch of archived builds of CTF2UNF, and I can actually do you one better and get you a build of Unreal Fortress I was working on that is newer than Gold (it was supposed to be released with the female character models that never got finished), but first I'll have to sit down and sift through everything and figure out what's what.

That would be great! :D It would be nice for people to be able to d/l UNF since it's no long available on the sites anymore. Glad I kept my copy of it on a CD...

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Thought people said the bots don't function normally in CTF2UNF. I still see Armourers and Demoboys build sentrys and mortars on the normal UT CTF maps.

UNF's fun-factor instantly jumped 110% when your able to play on your favorite maps.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Thought people said the bots don't function normally in CTF2UNF. I still see Armourers and Demoboys build sentrys and mortars on the normal UT CTF maps.

UNF's fun-factor instantly jumped 110% when your able to play on your favorite maps.

Well the armourers use 'Defense Points' in the maps for their sentries, same spots where UT bots stand around to defend areas.

And yes, it's much more fun to play cool 3rd party maps or even the ones that came with UT. :D

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Stuffswapper is nice. The random starting weapons doesn't work though. Too bad you can't make everything completely random with pickups and starting gear. Can't beat U4e's customizaion, like changing ammo pickups with more weapons.

You CAN make the Weapons/Ammo/Pickups/Starting have random things.

Rokk

Jan 23, 2010
U4E Fortress is very fun, and the bots behave fantastically.

And some other mod, I forgot the name, worked very good with bots too. I forgot the name, though. I thought it was WFUT. Yeah, I think that was it...

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
U4E Fortress is very fun, and the bots behave fantastically.

And some other mod, I forgot the name, worked very good with bots too. I forgot the name, though. I thought it was WFUT. Yeah, I think that was it...

Bot skins for U4eF were green n' corrupted when I tried it.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Why does everyone keep linking to U4e? We got enough links I would think.