C&C: The First Decade (and no...not the 'Dance' group...)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051104/20051104005269.html?.v=1
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) today announced, Command & Conquer(TM) The First Decade, one of the largest PC franchise compilations to date. Scheduled for release in February 2006, the title celebrates the 10th anniversary of this innovative franchise. This special collector's edition will include a dozen of your favorite C&C games spanning over the last ten years plus a bonus DVD of commemorative video features.
It's also been reported other places that it's more than just throwing all the games onto a DVD. There are alot of bonus features and all of the games have been reworked into 100% Windows XP compatibility. Looks pretty good to me, retail on it will be $39.99, not a bad price for all that, and since I've lost all but one of my C&C games, I'll be happy to be able to get them all back in one shot.

Only game that's missing is Sole Survivor.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well, they have announced RA3 and C&C3, if you can call them announcements. Only that they exist and that they have been worked on and dropped several times over the last few years.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
The first CD I ever burned was a copy of Red Alert I borrowed from a friend of mine. I'll definately be picking up this one when its released. Thanks for the heads up!

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I still play C&C Gold fairly often on my laptop. I'd love to have the entire series (right now I've got C&C Gold + Covert Ops, RA+Aftermath+Whatever the other exp pack was, and Tiberian Dawn).

Only thing I wish is that it was more modable. I'd love to have a working map editor for C&C gold.. The only decent one doesn't run for some odd reason.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I heard about this a while ago and was very happy. I'm glad EA is updating this great series. C&C: Red Alert is one of the best real time strategy games.

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Very Very excited about this. CnC original was the first game I ever played, and although I still have it, I can't play it :(.

p.s Not so fussed about Sole Survivor, it wasnt that great anyway, still, would've been nice to have it in I suppose.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
If EA doesn't completely screw over Tiberian Twilight and RA3, I might have an inkling to forgive them for what they did to Westwood :mad:.
Generals might be a fine RTS, but it ain't C&C.

Thrash123 said:
I still play C&C Gold fairly often on my laptop. I'd love to have the entire series (right now I've got C&C Gold + Covert Ops, RA+Aftermath+Whatever the other exp pack was, and Tiberian Dawn).
It was Red Alert: Counterstrike.

The first time I heard about the eponymous FPS, I thought the guy was talking about the RA expansion pack :p

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Sounds good, but yeah, many CnC games were clunkers. Still, the way I see it is that packs like these tend to become collector items because they're on a single-run basis. Once they're sold, they're sold, and a year later they go on ebay for 50-70 dollars. Not a bad return. IMO, it'd be nice if they made the packaging a bit special, like tossing in a cheap poster or a mouse pad, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Also, the XP compatibility tends to boost up ebay bids for some reason.

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Crash24 said:
The first time I heard about the eponymous FPS, I thought the guy was talking about the RA expansion pack :p

Exactly same thing happened to me :eek:

EXE-973

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
for those who have CnC and don't want to wait for this pack, there is a win 2000/XP patch for the gold edition (www.dlh.net in the patches secton). to install and run the game you still need to make the setup and main executable win95 compatable in the properties (right click)

Myself, this is an instant buy, no thought required, as my cd's are getting a bit worn