How often do you reformat?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How often do you reformat your hard drive?

• Total voters

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Back in the day without PCI locks it seemed I`d reformat several times weekly corrupting the windows install by overclocking too far.
Now most everything has a PCI lock, and the a64`s OC sooo much better then the socket a`s that I hardly ever corrupt a windows install anymore.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
I only reformat when i change the os hdd or the mobo. before i did my upgrade a few weeks back, i'd been running without a format for, hmm, probably over 2 years...

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Last year I reformated, because the harddrive was ****ed! I thought it was a bug with a virus or something like that, so I had to reformat 5 times before I realised that! I had 2 harddrives! And booth of them had bad closters >.<

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
I format twice a year, but only my Linux partition, because that's when the new Ubuntu comes out!

I don't necessarily have to format, but I enjoy seeing the progress that it has made with every release. And the installation/auto-detection is probably one of the most tweaked things in Linux distributions lately. :)

I have a separate HD for all my stuff, the HD I format contains a windows partition and a couple of Linux partitions.