Player numbering, and Lift exit, Please help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Hello

Just wondering something about the numbering for player-Starts: Say you have 20 Player starts for each team, and there are only 4 people playing, As soon as the game starts, will they spawn from the player starts 1 through 4, or do they spawn in random order, so would there be chance that you could spawn from a player-Start point#23, even though there are only 4 players? "Hope that made sence?

Other question was about Lift-Exit’s, If I put a lift-exit actor on the ground just beside a, ..say five foot catwalk”. If I am standing near the Lift Exit, if the Bot jumps at me from the cat walk, will he land on the Lift Exit “before” he comes after me, or will he try to land on me first? Not sure how those works, do you just place them where you want bots to land, and that’s it…right? or do you have to make any settings in Lift-Exit actor properties?

I have these boards high up and I’m just afraid the bots will try to jump, but I was hoping I could maybe at least make them land on the next lower board below? (The boards are 64 units wide)

bastard_o

Lead Designer
The bot question - they should pick a random start.

The lift exit question - need an image to work out what the problem is...

Why are you using a lift exit actor, normally you use those in pairs with a lift centre in the middle.

I have found that when you use lift exits for stairs and other stuff rather than lifts it only makes the bots jump anyway.. !

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Hello Bastard_o

Thanks! Here is a picture; I’m just not sure how to go about path-noding this section. I think they will be ok walking on the boards, but I’m just afraid they might jump if someone is standing on the lower boards?
The boards are all 64 units wide.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Thanks; I’ll need some of that.

Another brush? ..lol that gave me goose bumps.
See that little box at the top, it is a piece maker. I’m terrified to add anything in this room, with the way the cuts are.
I just thought the lift-Exits kind of worked like a magnet, to force them to land on the boards.

I’ll give it a go, but first I have to copy my back-up map to my drive cause I killed it after trying move some textures into a custom utx pack. I imported the textures and typed the word texture under the group name, so I kind of got locked out. :)

Starstreams