DNF Release Date Not Set, Fan Base Reacts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
According to the official Duke Nukem Forever website, there is still no release date set for the long-anticipated successor to the Duke Nukem gaming franchise. As expected, the fan base for this hugely successful empire has reacted to the non-news. BeyondUnreal has some of those reactions for you:

BU - How has the lack of a release date for Duke Nukem Forever affected your daily life?

Irving P. Freely - Well, I'm sitting here saving about 8 gb of disk space on my 'C' drive, knowing full well that once it does come out, people are going to flock to it and design new levels and mods for it. I don't know how long I can hold out anymore. Speaking of that, I have to go to the bathroom. Excuse me....

Mike Hunt - I think the lack of a release date will ultimately benefit 3DRealms and the DN community. Since development started, my wife and I have managed to pump out two little ones, who will almost surely be old enough to play once the game hits the shelves. Think about it: if they would have released a few years ago, they'd only have myself playing the game. Now, they stand a good chance of selling our family three copies!

We'll post more 'fan reaction' as time goes on.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
I think someone should make a Duke Nukem mod for UT2003.

Because DNF has been delayed so long, I'm not sure it can hold it's copyright anymore.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I'd like to hear from Ima B. Esser and Russ T. Bedsprings myself... *snicker*

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I've faced the harsh reality that this game probably doesnt actually exist and is never coming out, have you?

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
DNF is never gonna bleeping come out. Once you give up all hope it'll make the eventual disappointment less painful.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
All humans inevitably realise that some day they will die, but more shockingly is that some people still believe this game will come to fruition.

I think it's safe to judge a persons comprension skills on whether they think DNF exists or not. Hell, the DNF question is much more complex and even more misunderstood than the question of Gods existence.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble-gum, and I'm all outta patience

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
they said the engine is finished a few months ago and they wont switch again

Im sure DNF will come 2004 :)

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
I remember when Green Marine went there. They said the game was almost done then. Does he still even work there? That was right after UT came out for christ sakes.

It hasn't been as public as Ion Storm (romero), but they have been through a lot of different people on this team. That isn't good. In the beginning of October they had an article about needing a modeler... That doesn't look good for a game that has been in development longer than Win98, ME, XP combined. :p

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
DNF is the biggest joke of the games industry. It's a bigger joke than Sega, it's a bigger joke than the omfgxboxsihuge, it's a bigger joke than Nintendo and their inability to move forward with the times.

3D Realms, just admit once and for all that you don't ever plan on releasing DNF. Hell, I tell you what, if you ever release DNF I will piss in a cup and drink it and post pics on the net.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Honestly, I think if someone started now with a small team, they could get a DNF mod out for MSUC phase 3, it would be out before DNF and it could be a better game (if DNF -ever- arrives)

Maybe a bulky armed red haired mysognist named Rex Radioactive is in order.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
TossMonkey said:
DNF is the biggest joke of the games industry. It's a bigger joke than Sega, it's a bigger joke than the omfgxboxsihuge, it's a bigger joke than Nintendo and their inability to move forward with the times.

3D Realms, just admit once and for all that you don't ever plan on releasing DNF. Hell, I tell you what, if you ever release DNF I will piss in a cup and drink it and post pics on the net.
What the hell kind of incentive is that. I mean that's something you'd do ANYWAY. :p

I think DNF is an exercise in how long they can keep people interested. 6 years and counting!

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
smattbac said:
Oooooooh, a DNF joke, never seen that before.... :rolleyes:

Brandon Reinhart (GreenMarine) is no longer at 3D Realms. He left to work as a designer for some Star Wars game.
He realized it wasn't coming out and went to go work for a developer who can release something I guess.