Solution to Non-open packet error msg.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darryl

Mar 11, 2000
Dixon,IL
Visit site
For any of you who have had UT crash to desktop due to a critical error such as "New Actor channel received non-open packet: 0/1/1" or similar critical error msgs. which mention "raw bunch", if you are running a high speed hookup through an etherlink card, your problem is a SLOW ethernet card!!!! I have fought and fought this error msg and tried nearly everthing with NO RESULTS. With the help of a friend it became clear that what was happening was my etherlink card became overwhelmed by the volume of throughput which is typical of UT and would lockup and quit causing the boot out and the error msg. I am not a name dropper but I replaced my ethernet card with a 3COM 10/100 card with "parallel tasking." No more crash, no more error msg., and the game plays like a Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shocker2k

Apr 3, 2000
www.podarok.net
Not so fast! It's not only network card that can cause this. I started experience this problem as setup my Linksys Router... I have Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 card and never had problems with it...

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I have just recently got Cable internet and am experiencing this problem. I have a LinkSys NIC, could this card be the cause of my troubles?