Your Favourite Egyptian Unreal Map?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I suppose that doesn't matter, it's something custom, unrelated to what he means?

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Have you played with any custom content? Its the staple of the franchise. UT2004 especially. Some of it was crap and some was very professional. It was like having 10 games in one, a sandbox of weapons and vehicles and maps. Other games I can see where you are coming from, but one of UT's main draws is the mods.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Have you played with any custom content? Its the staple of the franchise. UT2004 especially. Some of it was crap and some was very professional. It was like having 10 games in one, a sandbox of weapons and vehicles and maps. Other games I can see where you are coming from, but one of UT's main draws is the mods.

That is... so true.

iOoUeRg.gif

Seriously OP, have you SEEN Ballistic Weapons?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, he's not interested apparently, so why not let him. For him matters the game at the core as it was released? Because that's what matters an other stuff is derived from, perhaps?
And irrelevant because he is asking for favorite maps that shipped with the game, because if he were to consider all custom maps too that would be a long list anyway..

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom

Of course I've played with custom content. But most of it was on modded servers and other line networks. I've downloaded several packs in the past. I guess I've gotten tired of them, especially since most of the content is dated and hasn't been updated in over a decade. Either way, I've had my share of it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
My favorite is probably the original UT Dom-Sesmar.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I wonder if there's an egyptian version of deck16 (ut to ut3). Probably has to be. It would have the potential to look better, I suppose. Seeing as it's one of the ugliest maps for unreal/Ut.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
My favorite is probably the original UT Dom-Sesmar.

Cool choice. You have to fight against several Skaarj warriors on that map during the challenge ladder. They've always been quite intimidating.

@NeoNite

Don't like jagged edges and sharp architecture? That seems to be the case with your statement.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
What do you think?

I deduced that theory from your statement, but confirmation sets a theory in stone. Not that it matters a great deal. In my opinion, Deck 16 is the second best map from UT99. Facing Worlds being the 1st and Arcane being third. I liked the colours on that level.

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
Hum, an egyptian Deck16 with the anuban theme in UT2004 would be cool, and quite easy to do.
I hate doing derivative work, so I probably won't make it myself, but I can see how it'd look. At most a couple of days' work for an experience mapper.