Sarah Palin abandons Alaskan people.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why has Sarah Palin abandoned the Alaskan people?

• To prepare to run for President.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • To cover up some yet undiscovered shenanigans in Alaska

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • To join Fox news as a "Fair & Balanced" contributor.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • To breed an army of Disney character named, Jesus camp trained, doers of right.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • To mow down packs of wild wolves from a helicopter with an MG-42.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • To become Governor Mark Sanford's new soul mate.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • To begin her career as a community organizer.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • To devote more time to pal'n around with terrorist.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Who knows, but somebody better start a Hannity suicide watch.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • To carpet bomb social networking sites with pure, unflitered Crazy.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
time to bust out the bubbly!
[screenshot]http://cacia.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/celebrate.jpg[/screenshot]
ok Liz, tiny thread, big news ;)

her resignation speech was pretty lol worthy. she tried to touch on so many buzz words/phrases that the whole thing quickly became convoluted and nonsensical. it took about 12 minutes, waiting through patriotic talking points for her to actually get to the statement of resignation.
whatever point she was trying to make got lost between contradictory messages about why she could no longer act as governor on her own terms.

I mean, didn't she gain that office on the platform of combating the old boys network and taking on special interests? yet in her little spiel, she says that she could no longer put up with the demands of those who wanted her to "go with the flow" and play their game. she doesn't want to put her precious Alaskan's through the pain of watching her compromise her values, saying that those who do are taking the easy way out.
but she's resigning. isn't that the easy way out?
I thought she was accusing everybody of being sexist when they raised the concern about her being a family-oriented woman, juggling the demands of her job. and now she's essentially admitting that her personal life has gotten in the way of running the state to the best of her ability. uhhh, hello?! ironic....

whatever, at least this means she won't run in 2012. as if she had a chance in hell to begin with.

Last edited:

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
I'm calling sextape with one of her staffers as the reason for the resignation.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Sarah Palin is a hate magnet for some of you. It's almost as bad as the stuff you ridicule others for doing.

Agreed. I don't recall her doing a terrible job up there in Alaska (okay, not a terrible great job, mind you, but chica didn't screw the pooch), so what's with all of the hate? Granted, she's a terrible presidential candidate and there is no doubt in my mind that she's trying to free her schedule to begin campaigning in the frightfully near future (perhaps the end of '10) for her bid, but we'll cross that river when we get to it.

~Jason

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Sarah Palin is a hate magnet for some of you. It's almost as bad as the stuff you ridicule others for doing.
Yeah, but that's the beauty of debating politics on a forum with people you don't know.

I was primarily ridiculing her speech. Which, if you watched it in full, was deliriously constructed and poorly delivered. No one hates Sarah Palin. They dislike what she represents and just hope this isn't the beginning of a star-studded 2012 presidential run.
because that would be ridiculous.

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Better to lie to you with. Seems relevant, thanks.

You know I'm ****ing with you right?

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Does she read newspapers yet?

that still? lol. anyone remember that interview obama had in an af1 chopper, that afterwards called the reporter back? anyways, they asked him what newspapers and magazines he read and he gave an almost identical answer palin did. didn't hear about that? oh, shocking :lol:

EDIT: here ya go... a very detailed and thoughtful answer...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/us/politics/08obama-text.html?pagewanted=all
Q: Sir, we’re landing here, but what are you reading these days? What kind of newspapers do you read, do you read the clips, do you read actual papers, do you watch television?

A: Other than The New York Times?

Q: Other than The New York Times. Do you read Web sites? What Web sites do you look at?

A: I read most of the big national papers.

Q. Do you read them in clips or do you read them in the paper?

A. No, I read the paper. I like the feel of a newspaper. I read most of the weekly newsmagazines. I may not read them from cover to cover but I’ll thumb through them. You know, I spend most of my time these days reading a lot of briefings.

Q: And television? Do you watch? Web sites?

A: I don’t watch much television, I confess.

Q: And Web sites?

Q: No blogs?

A: I rarely read blogs.

Last edited:

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Her attacks were political, she and her family were attacked personaly. Noone can't stand this for too long. She was considered incompetent but I never saw her being impolite, at least against Biden.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
No one hates Sarah Palin.

I must differ with you sir. I hate Sarah Palin. I hate every last part of her.

See a vice presidential candidate stand up in front of a crowd and talk about how great it was to be in real America, in the pro-America part of America, filled me with so much rage and bile that I do believe I will hate her and everyone around her for the next decade at least. Having her give a smug non-apology ("Well I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my out-of-context etc. etc.") afterwards, pretending like she had no clue what she'd said, firmly rooted it in the shriveled black husk that I call a heart.