UE3 - UT3 cerebral bore possible?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp3xSsvFNQQ[/m]

is this possible, the weapon and the projectile probably are, but the animation of the characters and the head explosion?

i know with the sniper rifle the head also explodes, but i also need the stunning effect. so that the player cant move for 3 seconds and his view will stutter and blood.

is this possible? my coding skills is very very low, im more a copy paste coder.

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Yes, it is possible for what you anticipated (the weapon and projectile), but the stunning effect is a little trickier.

Back in the original UT, the player models all had a "jitter"/electrified animation (if I recall correctly, player when they were hit by the pulse gun's beam). I'm not familiar enough with the UT3 player animation set to know if they have a similar animation available to use. You can force the player, hit with the cerebral bore projectile, to a stop by setting their groundspeed to something near zero (pawn.groundspeed = 1.0 etc.), and if the 'shakeview' function is available in the PlayerController that could be called to jitter the player's view around. I wish I could help you more but I only really spend my time with UT2k4 these days.