Pehua - Bug report & initial thoughts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
Bug Report
In the second puzzle where you have to pull the ball up the slopes to the timed triggers to open the ball, it's possible to get the triggers in such a state that it becomes impossible to open the door as the top trigger doesn't reset. Unfortunately I've not been able to work out what I did to make it happen. It could be related to disabling the ball collision at exactly the right moment.

Initial Thoughts
One part that was annoying was where you have to get the cubes to the switches. There was one cube in particular that was much much harder to get into place than all the others. The puzzle is made more frustrating because there is no way to slide the cubes across the floor so you have to bounce them in. Possibly made much trickier than is should be because of the difference in level of control between the push and pull.

Still, was good fun; and made a change from running around blowing stuff up. Looking forward to the next level.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Hm, no one reported the problem with the two buttons yet. In the next release we do not have the toggle collision feature anymore though, so hopefully that fixed it. I can't reproduce it anyhow.

Yes the cube are hard to get in place, I made the holes a little bigger now, and I will try your sliding suggestions, may indeed help.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
Hm, no one reported the problem with the two buttons yet. In the next release we do not have the toggle collision feature anymore though, so hopefully that fixed it. I can't reproduce it anyhow.
Upon reflection, and having spent some more time trying to reproduce the problem, I've realised that I actually managed to get the top button stuck in the down position. If I get some spare time I'll have another go at making it happen again.

Yes the cube are hard to get in place, I made the holes a little bigger now, and I will try your sliding suggestions, may indeed help.
Hope it helps. Simply Changing the center of gravity of the cubes might do it. Currently, if you are standing and push them they tilt forward, and if you are crouched they tilt backwards. I never managed to hit one dead center (because of their size) so I don't know whether the tilting would be eliminated (or reduced) by doing so.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
By all means PM me a download link. About the best I can do this week is promise that if I do have some spare time in front of my PC I will see if I can break it.

Normally I'm a bit more organised but everything sort of exploded on me today so I don't know what's going on or where I'll be now for the rest of the week; so apologies for not being more committal.

djesiret

Oct 18, 2008
Pehua - Got stuck inside the ball

I was on the final puzzle of Pehua, bringing the second box from the blower room, and dragging the ball behind me. I turned to strike the box, with the ball following me. At the moment I struck the box, the ball collided with me, and I was inside the ball. I could navigate by turning my back to my destination and using the attract right mouse button action. I was able to get the box in the slot, and navigate the ball down the slope. When I got to the bottom of the slope, I came out of the ball. Didn't know if this was a feature, or a bug, but i thought it was worth a mention.

Couldn't re-produce

djesiret

Oct 18, 2008
my guess

random weirdness caused by the collision of myself, the ball, and the cube simultaniously. tried to reproduce to no avail

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Er... I hope this isnt dead. I find the puzzles fun and quite chalangeing exept any with spikes involved. I just cant manage amazeing jumps like that after trying to place the ball somewhere to help me get across bits like that. I know its my weardness just I wish I could have played the rest of the game.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Not dead, hard at work on the next episode, and with a bit of luck we will have screenshots of the stuff we are working on in early january.

You can either jump on top of the ball, or in case this is the first spike pit you encountered (in Pehua), use the wooden elements on the walls as a mini platform along the way. It aren't very difficult jumping obstacles. If you really cant get past it, just use the command 'fly' to fly over, and 'walk' to return to normal state.

nrek

Apr 10, 2009
This may be pretty late, and im sure you guys are busy with the new update but I figured I would post this anyway. In the 1st of the two Oztoc levels, if you go to the back of the water area that the large flaming death balls roll into and get extinguished, you can see a decent sized portion of the ceiling that doesn't have a material on it (pic below). Keep up the great work and I look forward to May 7th :)

http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=balltexture.jpg