Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Red - 8/10

That was a very entertaining movie.

Butterfly Effect-7/10

I've seen this movie a lot and it remains an interesting story.

After watching the alternative endings in the special features this could have been a very different film. Nothing in the movie that made it to the screen seems to point to these alternatives.

In Time-6.5/10

In my opinion an o.k. film with a clever premise.............

....and that's despite the fact that the whole time thing is lifted from Logan's Run but using it as currency in a dystopian future worked for me. The whole Bonnie and Clyde of time thing was a bit weak but cute.

Despite Justin Timberlake in the lead role and the odd plot hole I thought it was watchable.

Contagion-7.5/10

A good take on this concept with a good script and good acting. It examined a few geopolitical issues very well; my opinion.

Last edited:

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Black Swan (2010)
One of the best movies in 2010 with my favorite 'flourished' actresses: Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis and Winona Ryder. :eek: Great storyline and acting experience.
Grade: A

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
John Carter (3D)-5.5/10

I actually thought this flick was o.k. It told the story and the acting was decent enough.

What really let the film down for me was the fight/battle sequences which were pretty weak; in my opinion. They seemed abbreviated to me. Either they were cut for the censor (to keep the movie marketable to a young audience) or they ran out of money for good fight choreography.

Some of the costumes were a bit weak and plastic too; particularly the armour.

That being said the story was told well enough so it definitely is not a sci-fi/fantasy disaster like The Golden Compass or The Last Airbender.

Also I thought the 3D in this flick was next to non-existent really. Marketing films in 3D for the sake of it is pointless unless you use the 3D to good effect. I didn't see any good effect in this film.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (3D)-4/10

This movie was disappointingly lame and had none of the spark or vibe of the original move. This was one weak sequel.

The plot was so sketchy and limp that it was next to impossible to hold onto the story at all. Nicolas Cage is good when he's given something to work with but there was nothing to work with here.

Some of the action sequences were o.k. but that can't make up for the mess that was this movie.

For a change the 3D was half decent and the flick looked like it was actually shot for 3D for a change. This is the first film that I can recall seeing lens flare used as a cinematic device in a 3D film.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (3D)-4/10

This movie was disappointingly lame and had none of the spark or vibe of the original move. This was one weak sequel.

The plot was so sketchy and limp that it was next to impossible to hold onto the story at all. Nicolas Cage is good when he's given something to work with but there was nothing to work with here.

Some of the action sequences were o.k. but that can't make up for the mess that was this movie.

For a change the 3D was half decent and the flick looked like it was actually shot for 3D for a change. This is the first film that I can recall seeing lens flare used as a cinematic device in a 3D film.

The original was pretty weak. I'm shocked that it could get any weaker.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
The Big Lebowski-2/10

One of the gayest movies I've watched. I would have given it a 1 but at least some parts made me laugh and I've seen worse.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
John Carter 6/10.

OK action fantasy. Despite a couple of longueurs, for the most part things moved along briskly enough. The kids really enjoyed it.

I've rated it independently of the widely reported budget (and loss).

It never really felt like that amount of money was up there on the screen. Sure there were epic and grand palaces but a lot of the movie was in Ep.1 Tatooine country and that never looks like money well spent.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
The Chronicles of Riddick - 9/10 - Great movie - possibly one of my highest scoring movies in this thread.
Without a doubt, Vin Diesel's best role (apart from Pitch Black)
Some awesome art direction in this film and the action just doesn't let up - great pacing and just an all out cool sci-fi action movie.