Which side are you on???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
It pains me that Hamas believes it is an effective strategy to intentionally put their people in harm's way. Their headquarters in Gaza is a bunker under a hospital! It's disgusting.

According to Hamas, or the IDF?

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
According to Hamas, or the IDF?
According to the arabs/muslims who hate Hamas and are living this nightmare. For some reason the west seems to be siding with Hamas unlike the arab world which seems to be against it but are too afraid and powerless to do anything. I don't understand what's going on with that but it seems that western media is bias to one side or the other, right now it's more towards being against Israel but so be it, they don't need our approval to defend themselves and retaliate from random rocket fire.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I think western media is merely siding with whatever gets a cease fire faster. This also seems to be what the Obama administration wants. Just happens that they think shaming Israel into withdrawing is the only way this ends soon. However, the tunnels changes things. Israel see it as an existent threat. This will go on for a while.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
> Kick a group of people out of their homes
> Force an apartheid situation on said group
> Build walls around said group and cram them into small urban areas
> Stem the flow of any form of economy, eductation, and health access
> Act surprised when said group build tunnels underneath wall
> Act surprised when the median age is 16
> Act surprised when extremists take over

Say all you want about Hamas hiding under civilians, but they literally have nowhere else to hide. See the map below, its a tiny-ass strip of land that is almost entirely urban. There is nowhere to go. 95% of them are descendant of refugees. Dropping leaflets and midnight calls warning people to leave their homes in 5 minutes is only added cruelty. There isn't much excuse for using unguided munitions, or dropping rounds on children playing on a beach.

_76633159_picx.gif

In truth, Hamas was actually supported by Israel in the 1980's, as a counter to their fight with the PLO/Fatah. At the time they only arrested members of the PLO and let Hamas gain a foothold so they would spend more time with inter-fighting than directing anger at Israel. Pretty much analogous to the US supporting the Mujahideen in Afghanistan. Things like that tend to come back and bite.

The US will never end its support of course, with AIPAC buying out congress and our own Christian extremists who think the second coming of Christ will happen only with a state of Israel.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Thanks for that post. In short order you clarified quite a lot. NOW it makes sense.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Jacks Revenge pretty much nailed it. IMO: Nowadays Israel is an articifially created state with no real claim to the territory aside from religious reasons. I've seen a TV show in which one Israeli said they aren't wanted anywhere and have nowhere to go anymore. I'm beginning to wonder: is all the anti-semitism they've been facing for centuries (face it, Hitler wasn't the first, he was only one of the worst cases) really coming their way without reason, or are they actually doing something to bring this on them?

The more I see them divide & conquer the Palestinian territory, the more I wish someone kicked them in the balls for a change. The more these Arabians are pushed, the more prone they become to push back. And often in an extremist manner, quite simply because they're desperate.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Stupid on both sides.

Hamas: Dropping rockets on civilians = them being dicks.

Israel: Levelling entire blocks just to hit a couple of Hamas fighters, destroying a school in the process = them being dicks.

Hamas has been provoking Israel for a while now, they wanted this to kick off, and they're more than happy to throw petrol on the fire.

But on the other side, Israel has shown once again that they don't understand the meaning of the phrase "economy of force".

Both sides are idiots, both sides have been more than happy to stamp on civilians. The IDF have orders of magnitude more firepower than Hamas, so it's primarily Palestinian civilians who are getting the worst of it by a long shot. But both sides are so far from the moral high ground they're up to their necks in the Mediterranean.

Which is pretty much where most of Gaza is going to be at this rate...