I hate the name and the logo!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
G.Lecter said:
The name is UT2007 because the next single-player game will probably be called Unreal3. Calling this one UT3 could be confusing for some people...
Gah! I can barely argue with you there, but there was a Unreal game and a Unreal Tourment game, I dont think anyone got confused by that, they might have though... o_O

I still cant belive there calling it UT2007. After all there promising about trying to get away from the `suck' that was UT2003/4 they get some genius marking guru that apprently just graduated from whatever high class marking school or something to pull a stunt like this

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
Nemephosis said:
Do we need idiots like that playing it anyway?

Their loss and nobody elses.
WRONG. Epic's loss, big time. Those idiots still pay their $50 to support the game. And if they don't... BURRRRN THEM!!!!!!
Piracy is so lame when you love the game but still don't buy it.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
SanitysEdge said:
Gah! I can barely argue with you there, but there was a Unreal game and a Unreal Tourment game, I dont think anyone got confused by that, they might have though... o_O

... Unfortunately, I think that's sometimes the case.

Btw, I've seen plenty of people call UT2003 1)unreal 2003 .. for some reason.

It says "Unreal tournament", not Unreal.

How hard can it really be, hmm...

A possible UT3 and Unreal3 SHOULDN'T raise any confusion, but alas.. it probably would :hmm:

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
NeoNite said:
A possible UT3 and Unreal3 SHOULDN'T raise any confusion, but alas.. it probably would :hmm:
In that case...
NeoNite said:
Btw, I've seen plenty of people call UT2003 1)unreal 2003 .. for some reason.
... there still getting confused, reguardless of the crappy yearly naming scheme.

Perhaps they should put disclaimers on the boxes:
Unreal 3*

(*not Unreal Tournament 3)

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yes, I know they'd still be getting confused.. didn't I say that.. °_°

I have, however, not to this date, seen anyone call "unreal tournament" : "unreal".

Or maybe, not that much. If I had, I would've remembered. Or if it had happened frequently.

Cursed ut99 nickname. Whoever came up with it, you should die a horrible .. horrible, painfull, 100 hours lasting death!

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Deal with the Backlabeling. Three of four UT games have a year in them now, and anyone new to the series - and indeed, possibly some vets - will get confused by just an ambiguous "UT". At least when someone says "UT99" you know which one.

No, don't use UT1. Now THAT'S crap.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Dark Pulse said:
It's actually still going. Slowly, but it is going.

@DP: glad to hear :) well, good stuff jus`takes his time *g*

@Topic: The logo or box is not the most imortant thing I agree, I`ll buy the thing if it`s a good game, but a good logo jus`rounds the things up *g*
Going back to 99, when I first saw the UT Logo and the babe with the pulsegun, I hat to take a closer look at the game.
After reading some articles `bout this, it was clear that I must have that *g* UT2k3 and 4 were added to my "collection" `cause I just loved that game.
But in addition, UT is still the better game, the maps make just more fun and the characters have a better design. Of course it makes more fun playing with better graphics and bots, so Ì can`t await the conversion *g*

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
AVP said:
Your stupid
Turns2Ashes said:
Your retarded.

My stupid?
My retarded?
I don't own a stupid or a retarded.

You've gotta love merchandising with bad grammar. It's just so...erm...retarded.

(no, please don't tell me it's supposed to be like that....it would just ruin it)

Last edited: