Mechs?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
it depends

if they remotelly include them, they would be even more exclusive than the AS ships or the Leviathan, you CAN'T make them as agile as a player, no way; however it would be cool to see something bout'em
Still i think the more Mechy-style we'll get is defense turrets;; perhaps moving defense turrets? :eek:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
If mechs are coming to UT then I want to be able to shoot their legs of so they can fall over ...
Without such a feature it'd be just a big humanoid form that's far too easy to hit.

Vedanth Salian

Apr 4, 2005
Tournament0 said:
My guess is that they will probably add new characters, or it might get boring. :hmm:
I don't understand why they have taken out lots of characters, they would have looked good on the Unreal Engine 3.
They will probably add new characters, or release it in some other form.

Modelling tons of characters in UE3 is not a joke. It takes a lot of time.

Enji

Shooter
Apr 12, 2005
I liked the Halberd more and Orbital Frames would be way too powerful on the battlefield, they're too fast, agile, and just flat out powerful. It's like whoever gets it just pwns the map. for a game like UT, you're goint to want a mech that goes between walking speed and manta speed, and something with an open cockpit maybe like a walking turret.
Speaking of which, it would be really cool to have a quadraped model with two turrets on it for a teammate to hop in and join you in your onslaught ^_^

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
JaFO said:
If mechs are coming to UT then I want to be able to shoot their legs of so they can fall over ...
Without such a feature it'd be just a big humanoid form that's far too easy to hit.

couldn't have said it better

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
^ i can already see a mech breaking legs and tumbling over :p this would be a good idea to give players on foot a chance

Salvatore

TLSC guy - DarkMessenger-TLSC
Aug 25, 2004
Not quite London
www.tlsconline.com
I think he was Naked Jehuty, so obviously Anubis' attacks wouldn't scratch him. He just flew into a corner, initiated that awesome start-up sequence, and blasted seven shades of ownage out of him. He actually defeated Anubis in the first fight :lol:

Pity the cut-scene was the same.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Salvatore said:
I think he was Naked Jehuty,
Never even seen him/her/it, got bored of ZOEII half way through. Was too similar to the first one.

Back OT
Weak points such as the legs would be the best way to make it fair. Perhaps not the whole leg though, just the knee and other joints......
-lol just as they get rid of the Scorpions Webfire for Envy comes in mechs, where the scorpions weapon would have been cool!

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
JaFO said:

^That is the only reason i would like mechs to be in the game :)

But mechs are in loads of games, i would like Epic to come up with truly unique vehicles etc.