Final Thread on Gorge model headshot hate!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
hmm, yeah.

Maybe if custom player content worked better...

(then again, I hear that could compromise a lot of server security, and make cheating a bit more easy. It still might be a good trade off if UTSecure kept up)

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
DialAJunk said:
True.
Why can't each model have its own hitbox?
And why can't people make custom hitboxes for thier models?

I mean, say you made a model of a zombie that was holding its own head. You wouldn't want people getting headshots by shooting above the neck.

I dunno...

The reason why all hitboxes are the same is to prevent cheating.

If the hitbox could be changed you'd get some idiot who'd make an invisible skin with a hitbox so hard to hit you'd never score a kill on it.

It would have been nice if they could have designed the models to fit the hitbox instead of making it so you have to shoot above the heads...

Although I think that was done when they shrunk the models. They likely left the hitbox the same...

DialAJunk

fl;ksisj
May 1, 2000
Denver, CO
Thanks CrazyCougar!
That clears it up.

Also, I agree that the models were shrinked, while the hitboxes left alone. It's pretty obvious really.
Another questionable decision made by Epic.

vicious2003

May 30, 2003
Visit site
wouldn't epic need to go and fix this in order to stop cheaters and wanna be cheaters? I mean. its kind of unfair if you can't hit where logically you are suppose to hit.

Good thing I haven't had time to play ut2k3 or else this would annoy me.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
no. By allowing people to change the hit area on models they would make it easier to cheat. Look above, but basically, you could put the head zone on their foot or something, making it incredibly difficult to hit. By keeping them the same on all models you always shoot at the same spot no matter how tall, short, or goofy looking the model is.

Astaldo

Apr 21, 2000
Highland Lakes, NJ USA
Visit site
I watched that video. I was embarassed for them :shake:

Further down was a link to CNN. It's about some college fellow that plays video games. It looks like UT2K3 on his screen in the background. Anyway, I checked out CNN's poll on "how often do you play video games?"
Out of over 50,000 people taking the poll, 45% claimed they played every day!
I guess I'm not as geeky as I thought! I'm not am I? Am I? :(
Oh bother... :rolleyes:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I know I am....I program all day then play UT2k3 the rest of the time :p