State terrorism

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UDTSNAKE

heart breaker and life taker
Nov 16, 2001
Good Old USA
Visit site
Roogue, ther are some truelly evil peole in the world. people who know that the US has laws and use hose law to hide behind...what are we to do...nothing? are we not to chae the felon because he may inflict injury in a high speed car chase...what is our option there...let him go so he can kill even more people? What are we to do when terrosit use civilians to hide behind? do we just let them go on their rampage, or do we try to hit them with impunity, and try to not hit the innocents, should we let saddam hussian and others dontrol the worlds oil supply.....Im sure maybe you think that would be better...would you really sleep better at night? Its not as easy as you think it is.

Ive said this to you before. You need to understand how interconnected all of these things are...how cross fucntioanlly dependent one is on the other and their outcomes....it is very complicated.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Generally, people should be let go if people will die in doing so. If you kill people to get to him, then you become a criminal as well, because you are doing exactly what you are arresting that man for. Therefore, you must now be arrested, too, or else there was no reason to arrest the criminal to begin with. If you don't want people like Osama bin Laden or Sadam Hussein in this world, then why do you support the creation of more people like them to stop them? The U.S. created Osama and Saddam, and now that we can't control them we have to make more.

It reminds of the Simpson's episode when the Bolivian tree lizards escaped and they killed off all the pigeons, but then they had to release needlesnakes to eat the lizards, but then the snakes would overrun the city so they had to release apes to eat the snakes.

UDTSNAKE

Nov 16, 2001
Good Old USA
Visit site
Originally posted by RogueLeader

Like the Arabs, McVeigh wanted freedom, and there wasn't any here. And I should also point out that his decent to terrorism only occured after he fought in the war, showing that war produces terrorism.

He was nothing but a loser....that war was hardly fought long enough to give anyone the long lasting tragedy that is battle fatigue or some twisted thoughts...I have combat action ribbons and have seen some bad stuff and dont make escuses that those are a reason to kill people. He was just a sociapath nothing more.

UDTSNAKE

Nov 16, 2001
Good Old USA
Visit site
We did not creat bin ladin or hussain....we did help there efforts in the past, but that is the past and has absolutley nothing to do with why they hate us....it is an old and rediculaoud argument...if you were to argue "why dont we choose more carefully who we arm" then i would have to agree.....we cant chose who will turn and hate us.

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
We trained Osama bin Laden to be a terrorist, and we helped Saddam take power in Iraq's then-democratic government and gave him weapons. We made them what they are today.

UDTSNAKE

Nov 16, 2001
Good Old USA
Visit site
We trained Osama bin Laden to be a terrorist, and we helped Saddam take power in Iraq's then-democratic government and gave him weapons. We made them what they are today.

wrong....we helped in the war thats it....and very little....I dont see too many taliban troops with m4's or m16's or other maerican made wepaons....its basically all homegrown or russian. Saddam too...he doesnt have an arsenal of american weapons...because we never gave him that. saddam and ladin created themselves...they are there own people......If I go and kill someone is it because i am a product of the Marine COrps or just a sociopathic nutball.??

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Helped very little? They only won because of us. It was our missiles that helped them win, and our CIA agents taught bin Laden how to be a terrorist. And I'm afraid Saddam does have caches of American weapons; he also has mounds of Russian weapons, which he ironically bought with U.S. military aid money.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net

In other words, you say that it is justifiable to kill innocents because we do it. That is the nationalism I am talking about.

What the hell? At what point did I mention that it was allright to kill innocents because they're somehow not human, as you seem to claim "nationalism" to be, even though your definition is completely fecked up.

My point was simple, but obviously not simple enough for you to grasp: There's a huge difference between targetting innocents, and going out of your way to ruthlessly kill them, and in the course of protecting your country, you accidently kill others as well.

You are reducing casualities in that case. That is saving lives. Please tell me how we are reducing casualities in Afghanistan by killing nearly 4000 people. You must claim that those 4000 deaths have saved at least 4000 others, which cannot be claimed. We are actually increasing death beyond our immediate casualties by encouraging more attacks on ourselves.

First off, what the hell is up with you and these "facts" of yours. Those numbers keep changing all the time, one time it's 2000, then it's 3000, then it's 4000.

What the hell? How come only you seem and others who are well known for their bias in this situation, and have something to gain through outright lies such as this, are the only ones able to provide so called evidence that 4000 innocents have been killed?

Secondly, going after the Al Queda network is every bit the best strategy in reducing terrorist attacks against the United States, because every large scale terrorist attack against US interests, with the exception of the Oklahoma City Bombing, in the last decade, were on behalf of that organization.

And for a matter of fact, we have proof that Bin Laden's boys were on their way to obtaining the materials needed for Chemical, Biological and Nuclear weapons of mass destruction, which would result in tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands and eventually millions of American and World citizens to be at risk for a random attack.

So if a few hundred innocents (and even that number is pretty generous) lost their lives in an action which potects hundreds of millions of not only United States citizens, but citizens of other countries, then it's hardly the black and white "murder" issue you're trying to make it out to be.

Seriously guy, you really need to get out into the real world more often. Between these completely unfounded numbers of "innocents" being supposedly murdered, the rants about English torture, and any other number of baseless "facts" you like to bandy about, you'd do yourself good to travel around a bit and get exposed to how the world really works.

And this whole idea that the world must be black or white, and that even one innocent's death makes the United States evil, shows how easy it must be to label the men and women of the US Armed Forces as murderers while you sit back, safe, in the middle of Indiana, enjoying all the fruits of other's labors, safe to waste time on video games and forums while screaming about how others are evil.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
"It's simply not possible to prove that 2 + 2 = 4"
Yea but in maths it's possible to prove that 1+1 dosent equal 2 :D, supposidly it equals 1 and a bit.......... I cant remember y that was last year.
How.

Sniper187

Official Forum Lurker
Generally, people should be let go if people will die in doing so.
Generally, yes. But, with people like Osama bin Laden, letting him live could and very likely will result in more innocent peoples lives lost. He has already commited 27 (I think that was the number, but I am unsure) acts of terrorism, what is to stop him from commiting more?

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
What the hell? At what point did I mention that it was allright to kill innocents because they're somehow not human, as you seem to claim "nationalism" to be, even though your definition is completely fecked up.

"We all know for a fact that it is nigh impossible to guarentee that no innocents will ever be harmed by military action. However, we still go forth for military action in situations where the positive affects a disproportionate number of people versus those the negative affects"

Your response to my accusation that it is not justifiable to kill innocents is above. You state reply that it is acceptable to kill them. Your justification is that we fight wars even though we kill people who are not involved. So either you did not address what I said at all, or you are saying that because it is done it is okay. Just because we fight wars doesn't mean the effects of the wars are ethical.

And btw, your definition verifies what I said, even your defintion concedes that nationalism centers around only the interests of ones own nation.

First off, what the hell is up with you and these "facts" of yours. Those numbers keep changing all the time, one time it's 2000, then it's 3000, then it's 4000
I originally said over 3700, which is almost 4000. In both cases I made reference to the same number.

What the hell? How come only you seem and others who are well known for their bias in this situation, and have something to gain through outright lies such as this, are the only ones able to provide so called evidence that 4000 innocents have been killed?
I assume, since you have now resorted to making stupid claims that the above posted report is nothing but lies, that you are giving up and only desperate to repond. You seem to have given up trying to refute it. But then again you never really tried, ever since you initually made the most poorly covered-up lie I ever heard when you said you researched the report and said it was from pro-Al Quaida sources, before the whole report had been posted.

Secondly, going after the Al Queda network is every bit the best strategy in reducing terrorist attacks against the United States, because every large scale terrorist attack against US interests, with the exception of the Oklahoma City Bombing, in the last decade, were on behalf of that organization.
There have been 2 terrorists attacks on the U.S. that are related to them. Note that one of those was ONLY related, this is the only one they are directyl responsible for, ASSUMING that they actually did it even though there is not any evidence for that.

And even if they did do it, and did it repeatedly, attacking them and not stopping the source of their grievences only encourages more attacks.

So if a few hundred innocents (and even that number is pretty generous) lost their lives in an action which potects hundreds of millions of not only United States citizens, but citizens of other countries, then it's hardly the black and white "murder" issue you're trying to make it out to be.
Exactly the point I am talking about with nationalism. Thousands have died, but they are apparently so subhuman to you that each is only a fraction of a man, meaning those thousands only count for hundreds. I suggest you actually read the report before making pitiful attempts to attack it.

Seriously guy, you really need to get out into the real world more often. Between these completely unfounded numbers of "innocents" being supposedly murdered, the rants about English torture, and any other number of baseless "facts" you like to bandy about, you'd do yourself good to travel around a bit and get exposed to how the world really works.
Let's compare:
You claim very few people have been killed. Your source refuses to give you evidence. It assures you its there, though. Your source is the one doing the killing, and therefore has a stake in not looking bad. Once again, your source won't give any evidence.
My source claims many have been killed. His evidence was laid out in a report which cites 89 seperate verifiable eyewitness accounts.
In conclusion, I have 89 pieces of evidence you have 0. You therefore claim that LOGIC ITSELF is invalid, because logic implies that if a test's results are 89-0 on my side, then I am right.
Welcome to reality, don't let the door hit you on the way in.

And this whole idea that the world must be black or white, and that even one innocent's death makes the United States evil, shows how easy it must be to label the men and women of the US Armed Forces as murderers while you sit back, safe, in the middle of Indiana, enjoying all the fruits of other's labors, safe to waste time on video games and forums while screaming about how others are evil.
Good point, I could never talk on this forum without the army killing children. :rolleyes:

UDTSNAKE

Nov 16, 2001
Good Old USA
Visit site
Helped very little? They only won because of us. It was our missiles that helped them win, and our CIA agents taught bin Laden how to be a terrorist. And I'm afraid Saddam does have caches of American weapons; he also has mounds of Russian weapons, which he ironically bought with U.S. military aid money.

was that before or after his july visit to the us (after he was already a known and wnted terrorist)

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

was that before or after his july visit to the us (after he was already a known and wnted terrorist)

that last sentence makes no sence, he was trained to be a terrorist to the russians by the CIA, when is irrelevant.
Just because he's fighting for his own doesn't magically make him any more or less of a terrorist.

ofcourse that is if you see him as a terrorist. I'd see him more as a freedom ighter, as Nelso Mandela stated "many of those you called terrorist in the past are the leaders of today".
Mandela is the perfect example in fact, while he used different means he too wanted freedom for his people (in this case freedom in the form of equal rights), he too was considered a terrorist because of this (and locked up for a LOOOONG time).
Today in a world (only slightly) less devoid of thought he is considered a hero.

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
UDTSNAKE is making reference to how bin Laden was actually in the U.S. this summer. He came for medical treatment, and actually had contact with a CIA agent, yet was not arrested, killed, etc. He had already been convicted for the embassy bombings in Africa.

UDTSNAKE

Nov 16, 2001
Good Old USA
Visit site
Originally posted by The_Pikeman
"It's simply not possible to prove that 2 + 2 = 4"
Yea but in maths it's possible to prove that 1+1 dosent equal 2 :D, supposidly it equals 1 and a bit.......... I cant remember y that was last year.
How.

It can be done...I have a friend who proved it once and also conceded that it was a complete outlier to normal math and fucntional mathematics. if it were indeed true...hundrese of thousands of math theories would be wrong.

UDTSNAKE

Nov 16, 2001
Good Old USA
Visit site
UDTSNAKE is making reference to how bin Laden was actually in the U.S. this summer. He came for medical treatment, and actually had contact with a CIA agent, yet was not arrested, killed, etc. He had already been convicted for the embassy bombings in Africa.

And just what color is the sky in your world????

why dont you simply back that up....Ill be the first to say holy ****....and not with wome stupid rant mag or website dedicated to peoople like you...I mean real news. i thats right we cant trust them....or anybody...everyone is a cia operative and they all wish to kill our freedoms.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
neither is it that simple black&white/good&evil color you think it is ....

Deciding who to support and who not to support isn't simple.
You can't say X supported Y, and now Y commits crimes against X so it is X its own fault that Y does so now.

At the time Hitler was chosen(!) nobody in the world would have guessed what kind of evil that bastard could do.
Yes at this time we can easily say that given the defeat of Germany in WW1 it would be 'obvious' that WW2 & Hitler would happen, but that's 20/20 hindsight.
At the time the USA decided to support Saddam, it looked like they were supporting the lesser of two evils.
Since no one can predict what would have happened if they hadn't ... all such accusations are worthless.

You're not controlling a nimble speedboat on a bright sunny day ...
you're controlling a thousand ton tanker on an stormy ocean with mist blocking almost everything.

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
I think it's black and white? Who here claims that this is a us vs. them case? Who supports Bush's "you are with us or you are with the terrorists" policy?

"At the time Hitler was chosen(!) nobody in the world would have guessed what kind of evil that bastard could do."
I have essays from the WSM of Britain warning that he was a danger.

"At the time the USA decided to support Saddam, it looked like they were supporting the lesser of two evils."
Democracy vs. brutal dictatorship...I'd pick the former. We didn't care back then about what was right, only about what helped us. Here we are decades later it came back to haunt us. The lesson we should learn is to not try to suppress other countries' democracy.