Weird Laws From Around The World

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
:D LOL! HAHAHAH....

In California unmarried women are forbidden to parachute.

A city in he USA (don't know its name) wanted to declare itself a nulear free zone. So it punishes the detonation of an atomic bomb within the city by 500$! (if the town is wiped away who cares?)

In some American states or cities a person with a red flag must run in front of a car to warn others! That law is from the beginning of the 20th century when cars where considered is devil's work and feared.

P

Psychomoggiebagpuss

Every englishman is allowed to shoot a welshman crossing the Severn bridge with a longbow if he crosses after 10:30pm and before dawn.
English men are also breaking the law every single sunday. We are obligied by law to practise shooting (with the longbow) for two hours every sunday.
You can be put in the stocks for two days for letting your goat graze on a church lawn.
Most of these laws are several hundred years old and have never been changed. :)

This is what happens when you have a judical system that has been around longer than a lot of countries. :)

bullet2.gif

psychomoggiebagpuss
AKA PM_Bagpuss[PuF]
AKA Armadillo Dragon of the -=UDIC=-
Wielder of the Sacred Blackrock Baguette
"If there is anything bigger than my ego. I want it caught and shot"

GunnerX

2345 Posts
Mar 14, 2000
Canadia
www.gunnerx.com
Bwahahahahaha... Man, you're a nutcase PMB.. :)

bullet2.gif

imu2.gif
[MUTTS]GunnerX

"If you don't stink, you're not -={F4RT}=-"

"Sex is hereditary. If your parents never had it, chances are you won't either."
- Joseph Fischer

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."
- Ashleigh Brilliant

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death. (Like THAT makes sense.)

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.

Muslims are banned from looking at tthe genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers; the sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times. (A brick??)

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation. (Wonder which head?)

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time. Reason; under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry. (Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired. (Ah! Justice!)

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England - but only in tropical fish stores. (But of course!)

In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act. (Makes one shudder at the thought.)

In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time. (I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?)

In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception; prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises." (Is Amercia a great country or what? Not as great as Guam!)

In Canada, it is forbidden to flash your genitals at passing tourists, but you are allowed to flash them at helicopters flying at less than 50 feet.

In Paris, it is illegal to walk with your hand up a ladies skirt, but you may touch breasts whilst travelling on the metro.

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
In London, taxi drivers are required by law to carry an extra horse feed bag... (yet another ancient law that's still to be revoked)

Also, if you attempt to murder someone and fail but the individual dies from their wounds over a year later... then you cannot be done for murder according to English law.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Being Canadian, I used to flash my genitals at low flying helicopters quite often. In fact, it was quite habit forming. It was loads of funny fun fun...until...I don't wanna talk about it.

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Morety|PuF

Because hey, if it weren't for Llamas? I wouldn't seem like such a great guy.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
In Singapore you get flogged if you don't flush a public toilet :). Craziest of all, it was illegal to play Half-Life for a while. That probably beats everything on the list imo :D.

bullet2.gif

If anyone discovers what the Universe is for, and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
English law states that you are(allegedly)allowed to pee on the right rear wheel of a taxi - dates back to horse drawn carriages where the only cover you got was the big FO wheel.

bullet2.gif

"Have I shown you lately what my clan can do?
Cos I own you arse now by rights, We got family!" One Big Family - Embrace

I heard in France it is illegal to have more than 450mhz in your computer!! Is that true??

bullet2.gif

This new villan was the little Swiss Miss girl, with plans to take over the universe!

"Ha ha! The universe will soon fall victim to my evil underlying chocolately plot that they're all to shallow to realize!" She laughed manically at her henchmen: Little Debbie, and the the Pepsi girl.

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
LMAO :), those are funny people, keep 'em coming :).

I think the 450MHz thingie is a joke, maybe it is an adaption of the problem Apple had with it's G4...

Loibisch

I don't know any stupid laws here (that doesn't mean we have no :))