Eurovision '12.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Ben's probably conclusive guide to Eurovision 2012.

It's Eurovision time and I should know better, but I go there and do it again and again and again. For the third year in a row, the line-up manages to underwhelm, but at least it's not as bad as last year's. The results are in and listed in alphabetical order of the countries involved, because it's not exactly as if the artists involved are actually involved, or artists for that matter. Be there tomorrow and be there with beer.

Greece. When singer Eleftheria failed time and time again to not mention the social, economical and political crisis in her country, her producers rewrote the song to say "Ah-ah ah-oh-oh" and made her dance like a maniac pretty much everyone else who ever followed a choreography. Wins the men's vote (and I have to admit, the way she pronounces "addictive" has a certain appeal), but that's always been Greece's specialty.

Iceland. Gréta Salóme's and Jónsi's (not of Sigur Rós, mind you) massive jaws may only be seen in half light. Their Amy Lee-like UTTERLY DRAMATIC singing (if you don't notice, they will throw in a LOOK OF DESPAIR and the ARMS LIKE WINGS for good measure) engulfs an okay string solo.

Romania. Plastic girl feat. shiny city and gay leprechauns. There's also Rick Astley in there, and bling, and bagpipes, and none of it makes sense.

I know I've had you interested at "gay leprechauns", so please don't go and tell everyone how bad (nearly) all of this is. You're getting the point!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Ben, this is bordering on masochism. ;)

Am I the only one who got excited for a second about Jonsi from Iceland possibly being the frontman from Sigur Ros?

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
You're the third person I know so far, me being the first. Fun fact: Two years ago Iceland sent a Björk.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
your eurovision posts are always entertaining to read.
ive actually not paid any attention at all this year so far. maybe ill watch a bit tomorrow but i doubt it.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
1. People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully?
2. People like drinking and games.
3. People are not actually people but homosexual robots that run on alcohol.
4. People are roughly 50% male and Greece and Sweden make a point to compete for the men's vote.

I just don't know, man!

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
1. People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully?
2. People like drinking and games.
3. People are not actually people but homosexual robots that run on alcohol.
4. People are roughly 50% male and Greece and Sweden make a point to compete for the men's vote.

I just don't know, man!

I see you put a lot of thought into that.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
It's what I do.

The contest is starting in little more than six hours! Put the drink of your choice in the fridge, it's going to be a long night.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
leprechaun3.jpg

0.jpg

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Here's a good drinking game. I propose an addition: Take a sip for every rhyme you predicted in advance without knowing the song beforehand.

Any other ideas?

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I've pretty much ignored everything Eurovision until now. But now I am here and I'm ready.

I expect 90% love songs if you include song about sex. And I also expect the blue color of my TV to wear down considerably.