Getting a new mouse, Logitech G5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

naisanza

Jul 31, 2008
I have a G9. My favorite mouse by far.

the size of the G9 looks to be close to the G5. And i dont think i would be able to stand the fact there there are about 20 different places for gunk to accumulate, like dead skin.. and other stuff.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I've actually found that less gunk acquires on this mouse than my old MX510 and previous mice I've had like the Copperhead and the Logitech iFeel Mouseman. Plus, the covers are removable and other than around the actual buttons it is very easy to clean if it starts to build up.

So I guess I'd say it's the least gunky Logitech mouse I've ever owned for sure :)

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
"trip out" meaning it loses connection?
that happens only when its connected through another usb hub. like connected it to your monitor usb port which then has a line that connects to your pc.

i guess you may have had a faulty g5. Ive had my g5 when it very first came out. so its been a good couple years of use and it still works extremely good.

[settings:]
windows: default
enhanced: off
setpoint: default
acceleration: off
dpi: 400
cs: 1.72

never once did it skip on me or else i'd feel extremely betrayed by logitech.
it's a known and proven issue. if you move any optical/laser mouse at a certain speed, it will malfunction. this is the nature of the technology. the quality of the sensor/laser determines where this threshold lies. for most mice this threshold is above anything that will be attained in normal use, however with the G5 it is 1.3m/sec. although this speed will not be attained by the vast majority of users, those with a low enough sensitivity (requiring very fast sweeps to turn quickly) will hit it

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
any technical problems that you had should have been rma'd.

I rma'd a G5 once because the led was switching off. They sent me another more recent one. The same thing happened with it. I suspect there's some issue with the cable or the connector to the logic circuit inside.

naisanza

Jul 31, 2008
I rma'd a G5 once because the led was switching off. They sent me another more recent one. The same thing happened with it. I suspect there's some issue with the cable or the connector to the logic circuit inside.

you sir, have a line of bad luck