some GUI bugs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
I see the GUI in v2.86 improves a lot. Now, for a 800x600 resolution, almost everything can be seen without scrolling. I know the GUI is somehow optimised for 1024x768 so I tested it with 800x600 resolution. I've found 3 minor bugs under 800x600. I haven't tested an even lower resolution because I think it is meaningless to test that unless there's no bug under 800x600 and because I think 800x600 is today's mid-low-end standard ( though I know there are still quite a few people playing INF/UT under 640x480. )

1) When "Balance Team" is unchecked, the selection of Team B cannot be seen.

2) In loadout menu, the "Total Bulk" value is overlapped by the [Remove All] button thus cannot be easily identified.

3) In [SerVeR INFO] section, the "Friendly Fire" sliding bar is overlapped by the description text.

I hope the GUI can be made as such that it works perfectly under any resolution. If this can't be made, at least make it to be perfect under 800x600. I think 1024x768 is a mid-high-end standard.

If the team would like to make the GUI look good under 800x600, I hope the team can made another set of textures for 800x600. Currently all the main menu textures ( buttons, etc. ) are made exclusively for 1024x768 and look terrible under 800x600.