ARGH! UT won't install!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Escher0

Aug 28, 2001
Visit site
I own the full original retail version of UT (not GOTY) and decided the other day to reinstall it. Everytime setup runs i get a "Critical Error" saying

CoInitialize(NULL) failed (00000001)

History: WFilerWizard::OnInitDialog <-WWindow::WndProc <-WWindow::StaticProc <-WDialog::DoModal <-Setup

with an OK button

anyone know what is going on? i tried coping the files to my HD first but still same error. It used to work as I used to have UT installed a number of months ago.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hellbilly

Fully recovered Ex-Evercrack player
May 6, 2000
Somewhere in upstate NY
I've seen a similar problem here before.

Try this thread.
Hope it helps.

By the way,
Welcome to PuF

Always list your system specs if you have a problem
- makes it easier for us :)

Last edited:

|Robot|NeXus6

Feb 21, 2001
Seattle, WA
Visit site
*bump*

Hey, the above linkage doesn't appear to work anymore and I have a buddy who has the exact same issue above. And of course planetunreal is unsearchable at this moment. Can anyone help me out?