2.86, too realistic?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-GAT-Apoculos

Mar 26, 2001
gat.theonlinegaming.com
I don't understand these "too-much realism" people either Sweep. They seem to want just another semi-realism clone. Frustrates me too see that. Theres two perfectly good semi-realism mods out there, SF and TO, and for those that want more CS like gameplay can play that.

well cypher, heres the thing. You guys say go play TO or SF if u want a semi realistic mod! But I like INF how it is now(minus bugs). To me its nothing like those other mods it has its own feel. I'd love for inf to stay how it is now without the bugs and hust add new weapons and maps maybe a few other features, but that isnt gonna happen. All I hope is that even though the game is gonna be ultra realistic it stays fun for me(which I think it will)! I trust the inf team to keep the game fun and keep to much realism from ruining it.

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
Like the variations of movement speed.
Different levels of breathing effected by the amount of bulk carried, the distance traveled without breaks, etc would have an effect on the stamina bar, aiming, etc. It would be an interesting feature to implement :D

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Its no knock at you Apoc or any other CQB people. I just think right now that the CQB needs a bit more strategy....SOME thinking. There is in clan games no doubt. But on pubs its too "deathmatchy". Yes I know its teamdeathmatch (this thread is not just at you Apoc btw!) but its supposed to be a team game. But as I always say, lets wait and see - I am sure quick reflexes will still be vital, how could it not be?

-GAT-Apoculos

Mar 26, 2001
gat.theonlinegaming.com
Running and gunning should be harder I will agree there. But it should not be made impossible or useless as all these people seem to say it will. Just My opinion though. And u people may have diff ones, but when it comes down to it it is the inf teams opinion that matters.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Personally I think the only way INF can get TOO realistic is if actual injury/death is implemented... :p

Otherwise IMO the more realistic it gets, the more immersive the experience will be. Once you get over the loss of customary first-person-shooter dynamics I think most of you will find the way it plays very compelling.

And for you run-'n-gun fans, I should point out that true realism does not necessarily mean that'll be gone. Especially in CQB, where aim isn't as important a factor as quick reflexes and perception. Even in longer-range combat, any soldier in the real world could get up & charge at the enemy w/ full auto fire. And every once in a while he could get lucky & survive...

The point is no play style is going to be made impossible by 2.86, only the odds will change. If you're feeling lucky, you can still run-'n-gun and do ok. You'd just better hope the players on the other side have bad aim. ;)

nge-015.gif

WHAT? if anything! its not realistic enough!!!

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
Strike Force already implemented the wounding system :D
Get shot in the leg and you move extremely slow :)

I enjoyed Rouge Spears wounding animations. The bad guys limped around ^^

Death by extreme shocks causing a cardiac arrest should also be implemented if you want extreme realism :D Perhaps a breathing system could be used to help relax the soldier :)

Trak

Rampant Suicide Machine
Mar 19, 2001
Nashville
www.uglymachine.com
*Satire Alert*

I am currently working on a special shaped charge for the extreme realism fan that you can strap to the bottom of your chair and connect to your computer by USB. In the event of getting 'naded it will promptly paint the ceiling with your biomass. After I have completed testing ( I am having problems finding a suitable ammount of beta testers ), I will then start working on a multibarreled device that carries a few rounds of each of the ammo types found in-game. As you get hit by rounds, the appropriate round will be fired at the corresponding body part of your player model. I am also considering another peripheral for the extreme realism fan that will simulate ( in the most realistic way possible of course ) getting knifed. If there is appropriate response and demand for the Nade-o-Matic(tm) and the Ballist-o-Matic(tm) then I will organize some focus groups to see if the Blade-o-Matic(tm) has enough of a market to consider for full production.

BOOMbastic

Aug 8, 2001
USA
Visit site
My vote is in as realistic as possible. I would like to see more teamwork and less rambos also. Although I am unusually guilty most of the time of running off on a murdering spree...

Harpoon

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Yes. I dunno how you can take out running and gunning. You can slowly peek around a corner and the enemy will just strafe across your field of view while shooting you. (another strike against body armor)

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
its not about body armor. Im sure we wouldent be able to hit them anyways.
you take away running and gunning by not allowing them to run and gun at the same time :p

either that, or make their aim totaly crap during straif.
after they see their bullets flying into the ground and ceiling a few times, Im sure it will stop ;)
if you give the players rambos body, they will rambo.

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
Plenty of people play and enjoy super-realistic sims for air combat and racing.

What's the big deal if a first person shooter tries to do the same for ground based combat?