BU Poll: Most Wanted UT3 Map Remake (UT Edition)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Time for a new poll. The CTF maps in UT3 are generally regarded as being very good. Having said that, which Unreal Tournament CTF maps would you like to see remade for Unreal Tournament 3? We've intentionally eliminated those that are already included in UT3 (Coret, Face, Hydro16).

Look at the massive list of official UT CTF maps on the right and vote!

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
First vote! - Good poll.

I voted HallofGiants. The Low-Gravity and the enormous size of the map made it awesome for me.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm going to predict that Noxion16 is going to be criminally ignored. Remake!

none of the above

make new maps, not old maps

besides, most of those maps are seriously unbalanced

Fun is fun. A mix of both old and new is ideal, imo. I'm going to assume the 're-make' addresses some of the imbalance, but not to the point of removing the asymmetrical qualities that make it unique.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
CTF-Command
CTF-Dreary
CTF-EpicBoy
CTF-EternalCaves
CTF-Gauntlet
CTF-HallOfGiants
CTF-High
CTF-LavaGiant
CTF-Niven
CTF-November
CTF-Orbital
CTF-Ratchet

Ratchet was a fun map.

So yeah, either ratchet or epicboy or Orbital...and perhaps lavagiant, skybox similar to the original. Was quite amazing, back in the day ;-) And I really liked the music of said map.

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Orbital was my favourite one in UT, but a remake would not be so cool (UT3 retail maps are way better IMO...), so I voted LavaGiant since I have not yet seen a map like that in the new game... (spiritual succesor, of course! :D)

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
LAVA GIANT!!!!!!!

No seriously a ut3 lava giant with nice glowing lava and the same fantastic gameplay would be amazing.

Clark Kent

Right away Lois !!!
May 10, 2002
San Jose, CA.
www.excessiveut.com
PLEASE EPIC!!! Go to your forums and see what projects are already done or in the works!
Chrome, Grendel Keep, Citidel, November, FaceClassic, are already done or in the works.

We need Maul, Orbital, Lavagiant (Balanced), Epicboy for sure. And don't forget other UT2k4 classics like Bedrooms][, Bridge of Fate, Esprit, Geothermal, AbsoluteZero, GrassyKnoll, etc...
:D

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
CTF-HallofGiants. The scale, atmosphere and gameplay was perfect in the original. I'd like to see an exact remake that is done with very high-res textures.