New maps, vehicles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Wow that truck looks cool :D :D

I've added a new map - UWBA-Tricky.

Ok, so it's another cheesy UT2004 map rip, but this was just begging to become a Big Air map :p. I'm surprised nobody else has done it yet ;).

I was also busy with a really cool island-style Team CTF map, but something seems to have broken and it won't open in UnrealEd anymore... Hours of work down the tubes :( :( :(.

New map is on the downloads page - about 3MB.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
I'll add UWRC-Grande-Vallee and UWBA-Tricky on my server tonight. But its to nice outside now for Feb. so im going out for a bit inbetween classes :D Hell.. might even skip em .. lol ;-)

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Shrimp, I have uploaded the SemiSUV into the UnWheel/MSU folder. The sound isn't correct, the rpm's are way to fast. Also, it has something odd happening that Errol and I can't figure out; ( the same thing that happens when I import my other Semi's into the editor), the .u file always equals the animation file size:/ Instead of being 6kb, it's 673kb's:/ I tooks several times to get it to drive right, it flopped over like my semi's did before Nueb rigged them in Max. If you look at it in the animation browser, you can see how low my struts are, but it did fix the tipping problems:) The texture is the same as the other semi's, except for the tire textures. I don't know if we should release it with the problems or not.

Attachments

• semiSUV4.jpg
    semiSUV4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,176
Last edited:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Got the two (well 3 if you count the reverse of the map) newest maps up on my server now!!! Enjoy! :D

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
SemiSUV (ALMOST:()ready for download

The SemiSUV is finished and on jerdaygo's server. For those who don't have access to jerdaygo's, use this link; Make sure you put UnWheel_Semi_SUV.ukx in the animation folder; the .utx file in the texture folder,m and the .int, .u and .ucl file in the system folder:)

Last edited:

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
hi steve, did you happen to look into the handbrake issue with the new SUV? i've noticed it (partially?) works when you still have the gas pushed (which feels odd to me), but does not function like the rest of the fleet.... is this possible to fix? otherwise i just prolly wont even use it, the way it is :(

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
I am not sure why the handbrake isn't functioning, the line in the .uc code that controls it is this, "bHasHandbrake=True", and the SemiSUV has it set to true. The handbrake friction settings are exactly the same as the other UnWheel vehicles. This is the extent of my code knowledge:p BTW, just how do you guys use the handbrake, and why?

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
stevenhorton said:
I am not sure why the handbrake isn't functioning, the line in the .uc code that controls it is this, "bHasHandbrake=True", and the SemiSUV has it set to true. The handbrake friction settings are exactly the same as the other UnWheel vehicles. This is the extent of my code knowledge:p BTW, just how do you guys use the handbrake, and why?

Tap it while suffering understeer and you initiate oversteer. Muchos useful in all gametypes.

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
Hey Steve.

Did you change the speed of the SemiSUV? Its running a lot slower on my end than it did before, and the sound sounds like its stuck on first gear.

I use the Knockout Arena to test the speed of the different vehicles WITHOUT the turbo, and I was getting laps in the 15 seconds range with the old version (the fastest of any vehicle), and now its up in the 18 seconds range (about mid-range).

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Ya .. it does seem slower and it still spins out really easy. I say boost the speed a little more and make it harder to spin out (as it spins out bad without warning). Glad you fixed the reverse speed tho.. coming along nice ;)

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Yes, I did change the speed, I thought that my parameters for speed were causing some of the erratic netplay problems. The netplay errors have decreased, as, unfortunately, has the speed:/ To an extent I am shooting in the dark, there isn't any real resource that spells out these parameters. As to the sudden spin outs, I have the lateral friction setting almost double the typical SVehicle, that is one reason it steers so precise. Unless I have the lateral friction that high, the vehicle will slide uncontrollably on most high speed turns. As to the handbrake, I never saw the need, I use the down arrow as brakes, and it will also induce a rear end slide in a corner. But, since you guys regularly beat me, I wanted to know if the handbrake was one reason why:D