wtf not again?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
I seem to be having a re-occuring problem with XMP. Seems like everytime i play i end up being stuck going forwards.. like my "W" key is stuck down. But its not. If i leave the server and re-enter it fixes the prob. Is one of my settings screwy or is there somethin i can do to fix this prob?

thanks for any help

pet_monkey

Banned
Feb 25, 2004
You must press the numlock key, so that it is not on. Then press the button you last used for the voice command. Then press numlock again so that it is back on. It should work.

half of my voice commands are on the number pad. I usually end up only going to the right because on the numberpad 6 is the voice command for "enemy in our base". So I press numlock and press 6 and numlock again. It usually works.

If you don't know what your last button you pressed was, press all the ones on the numpad, then numlock it again and see if it works.

Butt_Turd

Banned
May 16, 2004
i_am_Loki said:
I seem to be having a re-occuring problem with XMP. Seems like everytime i play i end up being stuck going forwards.. like my "W" key is stuck down. But its not. If i leave the server and re-enter it fixes the prob. Is one of my settings screwy or is there somethin i can do to fix this prob?

thanks for any help

I R DUMB ADMIT​

Last edited by a moderator:

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
Xaero said:
I sometimes have this problem... usually just pressing your directional keys randomly for a few minutes fixes it

lol i can only imagine how you stumbled upon this fix :p

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
I have a similar problem, ,but it is a recurring fight with my mouse... i wind up lookin like a nuub becuz of it, and i have to fight my mouse in all games.... but strangely enough not in the main os..

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
yeah my mouse is bad too... of course i think its just because its a ball mouse and not optical.

harteman

Feb 13, 2004
I believe it's caused by walking and hitting a num-pad key at the same time. Just my 2 cents.

Pawnbroker

ºØmníºChiron
Jan 2, 2004
I find hitting the windows key immediately fixes the problem. It also solves the 'stare at the ceiling' thing too.

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
it also minimises the game and brings up your start menue :) at least thats what im assuming.

Pawnbroker

ºØmníºChiron
Jan 2, 2004
i_am_Loki said:
it also minimises the game and brings up your start menue :) at least thats what im assuming.

Not sure what your point is there, but yes, it does minimize XMP and bring up the start menu. Alt+Tab does weird things to my game, which is why I didn't suggest it as a solution to the stuck-key problem.

I find this a better solution than exiting the server, as you can get right back to the game. I'm impatient--randomly hitting keys for a few minutes isn't a quick enough solution for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.