[BETA] Addon Overtime Last Chance

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
You change staticmesh textures with the Display > Skins array.

For the kicking effect you're going to have to be careful... Sometimes the release switch is placed in hazardous locations, like about a lava pit, and so pushing players too far would... well you know the rest.
The best thing to do is to set it to *something*, play a few games with it, and see if its too far or not.

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
ZedMaestro said:
For the kicking effect you're going to have to be careful... Sometimes the release switch is placed in hazardous locations
How about stright up? ;) ooo plus while in the air, screw about with the view like in that old matrix moves mod :lol: Then add a chicken sound xD
.......or maybe not :x I'll just stop >_>

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
_Lynx said:
Also, what's the ideal distance for pushing back?
Nah, not too much. Have you ever tried to cross the IndusRage's jaildoor? (I know, yes :D)
I think something a little stronger than IndusRage doors is OK. I agree with MathewLeech, I don't care if a person camps in overtime.
A stronger radius would be great for the other addon 'ReleaseSwitch flip' ;)

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
ZedMaestro said:
You change staticmesh textures with the Display > Skins array..

Yeah, I know how to change staticmesh textures, but that will limit the blocker to two colors. Is that ok? The project tarquin mentioned will allow to assign any color to a switch, if I'm not mistaken. So, haveing only two colors might be not good good enough.

Is there a way to change the texture color? F.e. if I will make a white texture for SM, can somehow change the color of it's overlay... ah.. I'll check the code of that mutator that changed the colors of the team staticmeshes in CTF and contact it's author on permisson to use his code. It'll be quite useful.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
_Lynx said:
Yeah, I know how to change staticmesh textures, but that will limit the blocker to two colors. Is that ok? The project tarquin mentioned will allow to assign any color to a switch, if I'm not mistaken.

No, it just flips the red and blue colours of the switches.
So you just need to test if a switch is red or blue -- by checking its colour directly rather than its team.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Once you have the shield set to the same colour as the switch, could you post another screenshot please?
The first one isn't very good to use for the news page -- this is the best I can get from it, you can't see the focus of the picture very well. get a bit closer to the switch! :)

Attachments

• last chance release switch lock - news size.jpg
    last chance release switch lock - news size.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 48

_Lynx

Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
ZedMaestro said:
The fixed-length overtime sounds good... 5 minutes would be fine. Rather than the "shoot-out" ending, the winner could just be decided by tallying up all the frags each team has... whoever has the most wins.

Zed, I don't particularly like that idea, since this in certain occasions this could lead to one team switching to hiding from opposing team for the whole overtime. F.e. in 5x5 play team A wins every it's round without or with no more than 2 deaths. Team B dies much more. If they mange to reach 3:3 or a higher even score we will see that team A has much more kills than team B, so no capture in overtime will give the victory to them. But Team B needs to score, in order to win. So this may be only a "back up" solution for mas that have no arena. May be it'll be a better idea to count kills minus releases. Who has this number lesser wins.

Mychaeel, can you tell me where this color setting will be stored, so I can check it there.

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
_Lynx said:
Hmm... If so, may be implement hockey-like match structure? I mean fixed game time. Then fixed length OT. If the score is even at the end of overtime, then there will be a "shoot-out" on the arena (if possible). Under shoot-out I mean 1st player of reds vs 1st of blues, when they finished 2nd of red plays against 2nd of blues, etc.

I would say let the user decide on the overtime length. You could even add a slider that scales the OT time proportionally to the time the match has lasted:

Code:
Overtime duration           [-----------------*----] seconds
Scale to match time        [-----------------*----] percent

As for the shoot-out -- that could take a very long time, and the main point of this add-on is to wrap up a match fairly quickly.
What about an option to shoot-out only the top scoring players, or N pairs of top-scoring players?

_Lynx

Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
An update!

I've finished the version with blockers changing color depending on the color of client-side
JBDecoSwitchBasket(JBGameObjectiveSwitch.ListDecoration).Emitters[0].ColorScale[1].Color (that's where I should look for it, right?) variable. Right now the blockers have the color of the team attacking the appropriate switch. So, the switch that releases the red team is covered with red blocker. If anyone thinks that should be changed - you're free to post. I think this version is solid RC: all basic features are implemented and work well. All other features like hockey-match structure I'll keep for v2. If no one will find any flaws in that version, I'll clean the debug code out (currently it's being wrapped with if (bDebug) ) and will write a readme.

Attachments

• JBAddonOvertimeLastChance_RC3.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 53

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
It's OK, but I think the red protection should be in the red switch and vice-versa...
> In overtime, the message 'You are the last player, release your team' is still displayed, is possible removing it?
> I think these options would be cool: ( yeh, I've already said this: :rolleyes: )
- 1. An option to allow ArenaMatch or not.
- 2. Another option to release/teleport (or not) all players when the overtime begins...
> And I keep saying a little kicking effect around the switches would make them more elegant... :D

_Lynx

Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Kyril, the classes folder contains the source code of addon for those who want to look how it was done or learn UnrealScript. Youn don't have to unzip them if you want just to play with addon.

expisCoR

Thinktank for the "Head CoR JB Mapper"
Mar 12, 2005
West Chester, PA
just a suggestion

This is just a suggestion (or an option to add to let the server admin decide). Have the 'protected' lock give damage/kill those trying to use it (in overtime).