Bulletstorm Dev Blog: Small Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Krzysztof 'Hatred' Dolas, Environment Artist at People Can Fly, contributes to the latest Bulletstorm developer's blog with a look at what it takes to bring something as simple as an office chair to life. Krzysztof talks about bringing out the details:

Now I can start the real work - a high polygon model. It comes with loads of iteration, figuring out what isn't covered in concept, what works well what's not. It's the time when the "intense mouse clicking hours" start, but it's also the most fun. Sometimes when I get a concept that I like from the first glance, I'm catching myself spending some extra hours on fun details that 90% people won't even notice. But I enjoy it so what the heck! (When you play our game, try to guess which keyboard button was pissing most of us off so much that one of my fellow 3D artists said: "You must get rid of it so it'll look more real!")

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
The Z-brushed version is ace.
I just wonder how he could manage to "read news on forums while doing some “mindless” things like UV layouting, smooth groups setup and finally baking geometry information from a high polygonal model to a low polygonal with use of 2D Map textures." :eek::lol:

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
btw, the thing Hatred made is actually a "Personal Computing Environments". Search the internet, there are numerous real life examples. In fact, the movie "Grandma's Boy" featured one of them in the gamedev studio of that movie.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
When you play our game, try to guess which keyboard button was pissing most of us off so much that one of my fellow 3D artists said: "You must get rid of it so it'll look more real!"
BLOODY SCREEN! SO REAL!