Sad News

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
[CALIBUR];2243913 said:
What the hell is everyone going on about the demo guy! I was getting sick of seeing demo guy all the time on the servers

johnmadden2as4.jpg

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
holy in thy game
demoguy has fallen
demoguy has risen
and demoguy will come again
to judge the browsing and the menu
lead us not into consolization
but deliverance from gamespy
now and forever
Aww Smack

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
Aww smack!

Never fear, fellow UT gamers, Demo Guy will be back! Demo Guy strikes again! Long live Demo Guy! For those of you who are not familiar with him, then "welcome to Basic Training."

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
The option to force loading of a new skin has a performance hit associated. This may cause the program to pause a few seconds while it loads the new skin. If another player joins mid match, the delay on your system may get you fragged.

It will be interesting to see just what kind of performance hit this results in. I wonder if my system is fast enough to get rid of demo guy?

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
It will be interesting to see just what kind of performance hit this results in. I wonder if my system is fast enough to get rid of demo guy?
Yeah it will. And if loading characters is such an issue, why doesn't UT3 just use more of the system RAM? Never even seen it crack 1 GB before.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004

Should be a slight stutter I think. At least that's been my experience in past UT titles.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I shall believe in demoguy.

For he created the demo in two weeks;
And it was good.
So he said to his fellow players:
"Thou shalt not have other player models before me"
But it was only one, named 849 who kept the demoguy model.
So Demoguy said to this player:
"Build yourself a starship and put two of each race into it and flee this land"
So he build this starship, and named it "Vortex Rikers," designated as a ship for all the demoguy's faithful captive servants.
Two of every race fled aboard this ship.
And demoguy wrought destruction upon the earth for seven days and seven nights, in what is later called the seven day siege, onto those who did not follow him.
And thus the vortex rikers flew across the stars, where the prisoners of demoguy landed on NaPali. When traversing across the planet, one human was tempted by a lone pupae, to eat from the nali fruit seed of knowledge. The human ate the fruitseed, and thus gained the knowledge that he was of the default demoguy model. In telling his following humans to eat the seed, they all realized of there defaultness. Thus, the demoguy told them that they were weak and had been tempted by a skaarj in disguise as a meer pupae, and those humans were punished with two extra arms and eternal punishment by the hands of skydemons. Thus these new nali were to live poor lives in constant fear of the skaarj. But that one human, 849, was not tempted by the pupae and the fruit, and escaped the planet and fled to a location unkown, as all watch and wait for his and demoguys return.

Let us remember this story as we make our modelchoice decisions in the future.
Aww Smack.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Death Warrant Enforced.

The option to force loading of a new skin has a performance hit associated. This may cause the program to pause a few seconds while it loads the new skin. If another player joins mid match, the delay on your system may get you fragged.

UT2004 option "preload all custom skins".

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
Demo Guy is the immortal lord of the UT3 realm. The mention of his death means nothing but idle whispers to him.