dummy Grenades

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

red0006

Dont shoot, Im a civilian >:)
Apr 11, 2000
Ireland
Visit site
If you bothered to read my one before that, I said to make a nerve gas grenade instead of a dummy.

And to my recollection, nerve gas kills.

------------------
"I feel I'm gettin' weaker, while Charlie's gettin' stronger in the jungle"

[This message has been edited by red0006 (edited 04-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by red0006 (edited 04-17-2000).]

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
It's an interesting idea, except for the fact that there are no such things as nerve gas grenades. Allow me to explain why.

Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors such as o-ethyl-S-[2-diisopropylaminoethyl]methylphosphonothiolate (VX) and o-isopropyl methylphosphonofluoridate (sarin) have varying degrees of persistency. Sarin is a non-persistent agent and lasts for approximately 8 hours at -10C, and 30 minutes at +15C. VX on the other hand is a persistent agent and will last for 8 days at -10C, and 3 days at +15C. LC50 for sarin is 70 mg.min/m3 and for VX it is 25 mg.min/m3 (LD50 is 1700 mg/70kg man and 10 mg/70 kg man respectively).

In layman's terms, this means that nerve agents don't just dissipate after being deployed, and if you so much as wave your pinky through the cloud of gas you are dead. Therefore, chucking a canister of nerve gas into an area which you soon intend to occupy is NOT a good idea.

------------------
Gryphon
Technical Advisor
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Read the Roadmap and the FAQ.
Get the latest scoop on Inf munitions here.

Anolis

Apr 14, 2000
True, but talk about your area denial weapon!

-----------------------------
- Anolis, "I don't think we'll have to worry about the back way anymore." (Note: This isn't a vote to have them in.)

John Blade

Dec 29, 1999
But as it was said in another part of these messageboards, its a bad idea

think about it...

I'll chuck one of those things in a tight corridor where the players MUST go to reach the objective.

and then I win because the enemies CAN'T reach the objective. and on a personal note

I'd rather use a flashbang than a dummy grenade to scare someone.

I'd be as scared of a flashbang as I would be of a real live grenade because if a flashbang was thrown at me then I'd know that there is an enemy near by waiting to kill me while I was stunned by the grenade.

In a fire fight EVERY second counts and that flashbang would mean I lost more than a few seconds probably and spray and pray would be futile if I can't see what I'm shooting at. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ignato

TBuildT Mapping Team
Apr 20, 2000
Toronto, Canada
Speaking of grenades and explosives...anyone know the name of those grenades that have that huge handle on them? I know they were used in the World Wars.