Brush with Fame

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Oosyxxx mentioned something about his brush with fame, and I think we’ve done this before, but what is your brush with fame?

For me it’s been: When I was in the second grade, my teacher was married to a United States Senator, who was a senator while I was in her class.

I met Kernel Sanders when I was young and shook his hand. He gave me some balloons.

I met Dick Van Dyke and Jerry Van Dyke’s grandmother who was in a nursing home. She was about 92 and she had this autograph book where she got people’s autograph that she met. I signed her book.

Didn’t happen to me, but recently my friend was in Chicago and stumbled across where they were shooting the sequel to Ocean’s Eleven, Ocean’s twelve. He met Richard Gear and then when he was at the airport leaving, they were filming an episode of Airport, or something like that; it’s some new show for A&E and my friend was in the scene.

I’ve been in the little café’ where they shot a scene from the movie Cocoon.

Not much of a brush, but in the 70’s when Sonny and Cher had their TV show and were a big deal, I saw them in concert at a state fair. I was close to the stage. Who would think that Cher would still be sort of famous all these years later?

There are always one or two things that I forget about and I’ve forgotten this time, too.

I’ve been to the bar that Mary Ann on Gilligan’s Island used to visit when she had a home near here. They had her signed pictures all over the place.

Oh, Jeff Starr. I think it was The Bad News Bears, Breaking Training movie that was out when I met the kid who played the fat catcher for the team. His name was Jeff Starr. He lived near where I lived and I was working as an usher at a movie theater in a mall. He and his agent were there for the movie and Jeff and I went to the arcade in the mall to play some video games.

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
my mum was on kilroy once (on BBC)

I've been on a computer game program on sky one once

I've met a few lesser known celebs.

I live just down the road from Bob Geldof

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
We have a whole entire album collection signed by Cheap Trick and Bad Boy and got to party with them, back in the day when I partied.
We`ve seen both bands about 40+ times.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
shook Bill Clinton's hand (he is larger than he appears on TV)
talked to Arnold Shwartzengger (he comes to OH every year)
met Madeline Albright
was on the same base as Gen. Krulak :p

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
When I was a boy, my father took me golfing at this place where the guy who ran the pro shop used to be Jackie Gleason’s caddy.

Hulk Hogan has a place not too far from where I live and people see him around quite often. My daughter has met him and has a picture taken with him. This lady where I used to work said he used to go into this restaurant all the time called The Frog Pond and he would order frog legs. Another time, years ago, Hogan backed out of a place here and bumped into a car. He just left a note on the car that read “Hogan” and left. Someone got in touch with the lady who owned the car and got her car fixed for her.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
The closest for me is when I've gone down to Michigan International Speedway. I've gotten John Andretti and Harry Gant's autographs.

Otherwise it's a nill from me for brushes with fame.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
My kids are Kelsey Grammer's third cousins...through their Mom's side of the family.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
...and my wife appraised Mike Mussina's house outside of Montoursville, once...plays with the Yankees now, I think...and his Dad handled one of our house closings (he's a Lawyer here)

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
I have met a weird amount of the news anchors around here. Diana Pierce
Frank Vascalario and Ameila Santinello.
Also Beyonce Knowleges waved to me. I think that is about it.
One of my x boyfriends met and shook George Carlins hand.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I never knew Mike Wuertz very well. His success seemed to go to his head really quick, even when in high school. :( Me and my nephew jumped from the balcony at Roy Wilkins at a Pantera concert back in 98. It's about 10-15 feet high, depending on how you jump, and I went first and made it safely into the middle of the crowd. He went next, and just as he dropped some dude walked by on the floor and he ****ed up and landed on his ass and hands, broke his wrist. I didnt see the full fall, but everyone was watching him jump cuz everyone usually cheers to get people to do it, and they made a big groan as he dropped. :( He got to go backstage and meet Phil Anselmo. Ooo I got a chin zit. We got autorgraphs from some ball players back in the 80s like Reggie Jackson at a training camp. Saw RVD outside of a limo at ECW in 2000. Partied with a couple wild and crazy local news guys a couple weeks ago, that was fun. :)

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
hmmm... I know a speed skater. :D

Hint: He is actually the best in Team Canada
Hint2:Short Track skater