EEEK! New UED 1 Bug!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
I'm using UED1 to map for Infiltration 2.6.
You can use UED2, but I actually (shock!) like UED1 better. Epic was stupid when desinging UED2. All the pros were used to the UED1 button layout. Sure, the new layout is easier-- for those who are new to UED. But the vast majority who are vets have to relearn the buttons, and I find myself too often adding when I want to intersect, etc. I'm just not happy with it.

And I've been using UED1 for a long time...this problem is really sudden.

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
UED1 vs UED2

Just MO but if you are still using UED1, then you have no idea just how much stuff you are missing out on... they have added a lot and I mean a LOT of cool features to make editing easier and more functional in UED2. I also went kicking and screaming into UED2, and now I would never even THINK of using version 1.

You honelsy should give it another go. :)

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Hehe-- It's not that I don't KNOW the buttons, it's that I on occaison instinctively reach over to the wrong button.

Here's a question: is there any better way to get UED2 to work correctly with Unreal 1?

Right now, I have to export the level after it's finished, open up UED1, load all the packages it uses, and then import / rebuild. If I don't, I get these Engine.u (I think) errors, because (I think again) of the modified UED2....

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
LifesBane[4C], just curious, why would you want to use an older engine in general? I don’t know, maybe the old engine has more support for monster content, but I’ve never tried it. It just doesn’t seem like the way to go, not to mention that the size of the world has increased from 65,536 to 131,072 in the new Ed.

Don’t worry about over extending your reach with the buttons: habits develop quickly