Ultimate Community Map Pack Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
hal said:
Funny little thing about Blood Run (love the atmosphere!) is that if you jump in the little blue stream coming out of the dragon's mouth (lower level), you are jetisoned out of the level!

I couldn't find any other way to get back into the match except to suicide.

weird, could you record a demo(without any mutator plused) to show this bug for me?
it sounds a very old bug, should be fixed in a pretty early version, and now i can't reproduce it any more

and i will release a "pro" version of bloodrun in a month(when we can release the ucmp maps seperately), which won't include the teleporters and ddamage, and I will remove some flak ammos according to the feedback from the public
Very appreciated!!!

T

Tournament0

hal said:
After a number of previews, the Ultimate Community Map Pack is ready for download. Consisting of 13 levels of DM, CTF, ONS, and DDOM gametypes, the pack is available as one large zip file (171 MB).

You'll find plenty of screenshots, more of the stylized wallpapers seen below, and details on a server currently running the pack at the website.

Download UCMP volume 1 from BeyondUnreal FileWorks

:tup:
Although I think that the file size is too big. :rolleyes:

bid

Sep 27, 2004
It's all about publicity

]-UnderTOW-[ said:
Always thought the best mappers are in the Unreal community. They're the ones that have taken to creating their own custom assets the best, esspecially static meshes and really making their levels unique.
Take other games like Doom 3 or HL2, most of those mappers wouldn't even know how to use meshes to detail their levels.

I don't know about Unreal Mappers being BETTER than any other game, but good Unreal add-ons get more publicity than any other game. BU is one of the platforms that spreads quality Unreal work.

Unreal does, however, have (used to have) the best gaming community allowing players to showcase, rate and discuss player made extensions to the game.

After Midway engulfs Epic, and the Atari messageboards seize to exist, I have my doubts about how long the Unreal community will last.

EDIT---------------------

Oh yea, and Anti-TCC has gutted the Unreal Commnity.

Last edited:

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
igNiTion said:
I also love Derelict...amazing map. Barballs has come alot since his first 1 on 1 map (thecore, I believe).

Yes TheCore was my first baby :) now I've got a second! I've learned a lot from it's review way back. Little side note: It was a year to the day from when I released TheCore to the day I finished Derelict :)

Nosnos said:
Derelict - Really nice visuals which hurts the FPS since the map is also very open. The maps open nature will also make the map extremly hitscan dominated, especially since the 100a is at the top with the LG which makes it possible to pretty much stay on top for a whole match... Would have liked to see the 100a down at the bottom which would force the player to go down sometimes... pretty much like you have on roughinery so that weapons like RL/Flak comes into play more.

Yes, I was having a hard time with optimization on that map. It gave me a LOT of grief. At the end of the day the dammage to fps isn't too bad. From all the play testing I have to say the rocket, flack, and Bio all got a LOT of usage. Still though your points are duely noted :D If there is to be an upgrade for the map I take your point into consideration. Maybe have the small shield up there the lighening gun on the ground and the 100a near the elevator instead of the health? Anyway Thank you for the feedback.

Oh anyone who thinks they've got what it takes to take on the creator of Derelict in a one on one is more than welcome to TRY ;) (probably get my ass kicked) Still thanks to anyone who downloads and play our maps!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
bid said:
After Midway engulfs Epic, and the Atari messageboards seize to exist, I have my doubts about how long the Unreal community will last.

Well, you'll be glad to know that Midway is just a publisher (like Atari) and hasn't and won't "engulf" anyone. Epic remains to be independent.

So you're saying that the entire Unreal Community will fall away because of a messageboard?? :con: First of all, there are lots of those (including this one). Second, I'm sure Midway will create a messageboard if they decide not to stick with the one that Epic has already created. http://forums.epicgames.com/

How can you always be doom and gloom? :)

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Great pack, hope to see it on the FragBU servers asap :D

Also, I've converted 15 of the enclosed Wallpapers into Loadscreens & sent the zip to the UCMP guys. Hopefully they'll like them & will upload/distribute.

MichaelM

Mapper
Aug 30, 2004
michaelmsrealm.com
KALViN976 said:
Great pack, hope to see it on the FragBU servers asap :D

Also, I've converted 15 of the enclosed Wallpapers into Loadscreens & sent the zip to the UCMP guys. Hopefully they'll like them & will upload/distribute.

Got them... testing, We'll probably get those up asap.