euro 2000

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Scotland will win it.... oh wait... we were knocked out ages ago.... Doh!!!

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

[PuF]Wacky{JEDI} JEDICLAN

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
The Dutch will win....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA....

HA..

You were joking, right? :)

bullet2.gif

Manui Dat Cognito Vires

[This message has been edited by DedMeat (edited 06-09-2000).]

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
The Dutch will win.

England will fail miserably due to Keegan's insistance on playing the Neville brothers (I keep on ranting on about this)

The French will also do well, semis perhaps.

Watch out for:

1. The Czech Rep.
2. All the Arsenal players on show ;)
3. Portugal
4. Sweden

Forget about:

1. England's chances (quater finals at the best - see above rant). We'll get knocked on penalties :(
2. Scotland :p (sorry Wacky :))
3. Germany

bullet2.gif

"Have I shown you lately what my clan can do?
Cos I own you arse now by rights, We got family!" One Big Family - Embrace

SU3000

Bringer of Fear and 0wnage
Jun 10, 2000
The Netherlands
www.carpeimperium.com
After having seen them playing yesterday I think they (the Dutch team) will have to improve their game before they can have a chance at becoming champions.
(isn't this post a bit Off-Topic ?)

bullet2.gif

-+- I am the SlachterUnit3000 -+-

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
LOL! I'm a Scot and it seems that I support England more than you guys ;)

I hope they do well, I really do...I hope they make it to the semis at least (I don't want them to win it though... they'll just go on about for the next 34 years, just like they have with the 1966 win) I doubt they will win it though, there are just too many other quality teams in the tournament.

Well I'm off to enjoy the Spain vs Norway game about to kick off in about a minute :) :) :)

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Benefactor

Apr 15, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Sweeeeeeeeeeeden!!!

Probably shouldn't write this after their suckage in the opening game
icon7.gif

bullet2.gif

"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who!"

Finsternis

gloomier than an autumn night
Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
So far I think that the Dutch will win.

But did u see the Portugal - England game yesterday ?

WOW. Portugal is going strong.

Gateway

Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
France all the way I'm afraid. They were awesome in their opening game. I thought the Dutch would do well, but I guess they choked a bit against Czech Republic.

England have lost it sadly - I also thought they would do better - but you can't let a 2 goal lead drop at International level :/

bullet2.gif

Cheers,

Gateway

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
I recon it will be an Italy vs Spain final with Italy lifting the cup at the end of it all :) :) :)

bullet2.gif

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I like it when England get beat, and the English start saying "we're crap" then when we win, we rule, apparently.

Watch. If England win it, you won't hear a bad word against them.

/me is an England fan BTW.

bullet2.gif

Will the real Zaccix please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

The_Dudester

Surfing the edge of underconfidence.
Feb 21, 2000
York/Norwich England
www-users.york.ac.uk
Um...Zac...

I'm English, and I've *never* supported England in football.
When they play in things like the World Cup and Euro 2000 I always back the other team and get pissed off if England win.
Why? Because I like to see all the yobbish football supporters (which is probably not you...I'm talking about the really brainless ones who probably support the National Front) looking depressed.
That's worth anything :)

bullet2.gif

The Zen Master Basho was weighing out flax when some of his monks chanced across him.
A monk asked Basho, "What is Buddha-nature?"
Basho replied, "Three pounds of flax."

SU3000

Bringer of Fear and 0wnage
Jun 10, 2000
The Netherlands
www.carpeimperium.com
If the finals aren't Holland-Belgium :)...
I'd like to see Portugal vs. the Chechzs (?)
with Portugal winning ...

No way I want to see England in the finals...
, no offence meant ;)

bullet2.gif

-+- I am the SlachterUnit3000 -+-

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
England are fcuking ****e...full fcuking stop.

I watched the game last night and thought "fcuk me, we're winning 2-0 after 20 minutes!"

Just over an hour later, my state of delerium had been turned upside-down...I finally had the proof that England is indeed a ****e football nation.

I went shopping today, and at Dixons, they had the 1990 World Cup semi final between us and Germany on TV. I watched thinking "we lost that game (on penalties mind you) but we were a top class side with heart and desire." In comparison, last nights performance was pants...not just a size 34" waist pants, but a full "I'm a 30 stone fat bastard" pants!!!

I love football, and theres only a few things I like to see:

1. my teams doing well. Ie my club teams (Arsenal) and my national tema (England). When I realise that my club team is better than my national team... :(

2. a good clean game between two sides. That means no crap like hacking, diving, rolling around like you've just been shot, and asking the ref to book an opponent.

3. football to be played in a "beautiful" manner. However, I do accept that certain teams don't play like that and I respect them for that...

If England progress to the next round, I will be physically sick because the deficencies in our style of play and team selection probably won't be recognised. That means:

1. why pick the fcuking Neville brothers when we could be doing better with the Nolan sisters in defence.

2. why don't we pressurise when in defence instead of letting the opposion into our final thrid before making a tackle.

3. why do we try to walk the sodding ball into the opposition penalty area. Beckam's two inch perfect crosses last night were a prime example of how attacking football on the break should be played.

I could go on, but I won't because I can't be bothered. This has sent me over the edge. I got absolutly hammered last night and I blame the headless f-wits we have on the football pitch for giving me a ****e hangover this morning (its 23.00 right now and I still feel crap!).

Arrrgghhh

bullet2.gif

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
That was a long post...sorry for ranting

bullet2.gif

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
1. Agreed.
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.

Why the hell didn't Dennis Wise start the game is beyond me. I also totally agree with you about the Nevilles, and about the lax D. I mean, our defence can pull off some great tackles and defensive plays, but we lined the streets for their midfield and by the time we realised what was going on they were in our bathroom taking a shower underneath our goal.

(How's that for analogous analysis? ;) )

Hopefully we'll do better in the Germany game. If tonight's game between Yugoslavia and Slovenia was anything to go by, that stadium should host a great game :)

bullet2.gif

Will the real Zaccix please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.