UT Connect

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zulu5

Jun 30, 2001
USA
Me and a buddy of mine usually play 1-on-1 death matches via cable modems. I never have a problem connecting to him however, he can never connect to my game. Its weird because he able to connect to my computer in other various ways (i.e. FTP, AOL Buddy, PCanywhere, etc..). Last night I hosted a game with 5 other players and everyone connected except him. He is able to connect to all games hosted on the internet.
Is there a setting that is not right??

Cablebait

May 23, 2001
canada
Visit site
ummm

You didnt give enough info?did he get a version mismatch while trying to connect?maybe all 5 of u had the bonus packs except him and u didnt allow downloads?......only other thing is ,perhaps he didnt really want to play and just fed u that line to make it easy.

Zulu5

Jun 30, 2001
USA
Yes, same version(436) with same bonus maps.
I was on the phone with him while trying to connect.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
How do you connect? Through the Ubrowser or directly by entering the IP?
What kind of error does he get?
Does either of you two use any kind of firewall?
Do you have static or dynamic IP?
Is your server passworded?