NEW GAMETYPE: BLOODSHED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HEDRumple

Jan 20, 2010
Hello all! I have a new server called Rumple's Bloodshed. It can be found under Warfare but plays a little different. Most of the changes are map based meaning the way the map is set up, changes the play style making Assault style maps possible. I've named this gametype Bloodshed & it will run several different "types" of maps. Currently I only have one map on the server & as soon as I get everything else created I'll focus on more maps. A friend of mine will also be helping me in the mapping department. The current map is "WAR-Frozen_Village_SH". All maps will have a "tag" on the end of the map that will describe the play style. This will go as follows:

SH: Stronghold - A stronghold map will have one central node inside a structure (building, space station, etc). The object of this map is to capture & hold this "Stronghold" (node). Once captured, the enemy's core will start to drain. Once the node is neutralized, the draining will stop. Once the core is destroyed, the match ends. Then the level resets like normal warfare. The cores are NOT and CANNOT be directly attacked.

SG: Siege - A siege map will have an attacking team & a defending team. The defending team will spawn in a large base housing their core. The attackers must destroy the bases defenses, infiltrate the base, & destroy the core. One or two nodes can be incorporated into this type of map to give the attackers more objectives to complete before attacking the main base. The attackers core will drain gradually over time so they have a limited amount of time (about 20 minutes) to accomplish the objectives.

CQ: Close Quarters - A close quarters style map will have multiple objectives to accomplish in a small area. Using stand alone (unlinked) countdown nodes that only have to be held for seconds to cause damage to the enemy core. These maps will be a single large building, warehouse, or small city, & have no vehicles.

CO: Conquest - A conquest map will be much like a siege but with 2 or more stand alone (unlinked) nodes. The object is to capture & hold the nodes. Held nodes damage the enemy core. The more nodes you have captured, the faster the enemy core drains.

All the maps will have breakable stuff, & changing light & weather conditions. I have fully tested this stuff online & the maps run smooth with good FPS.

Now on to weapons & vehicles. The maps themselves contain no weapon pickups, ammo, health, etc. When you first spawn you have no weapons. You'll find yourself in a spawn room with with 5 doorways with weapon lockers labeled "Assault" "Engineer" "Recon" "Sniper" "Support". Each "class" has it's own weapon set & custom deployables (health packs, plasma charges, shield, motion sensors). Once you choose your "class", you'll be teleported into the map. You can pick up extra weapons from killed players. All of the weapons will recharge their ammo after a few seconds of not firing so ammo pickups for them are not needed. Grenades & Deployables however do. Every few minutes at a designated place in the map there will be random ammo crates dropped to resupply your grenades & deployables.

The game will have all custom vehicles as well. All of the vehicles will have a more futuristic look & feel. There is NO HOVERBOARD in the gametype, BUT you have a jetpack instead! The jetpack allows you to fly anywhere you want within the bounds of the map that is! The only drawback is you cannot fire weapons while on the jetpack but you can toggle on and off it and shoot while free falling. Be aware that AVR (Anti-Vehicle Rockets) can lock onto jetpacks!

I still have a lot of work to do but hopefully some of you will enjoy the change to a more tactical style of play as opposed to the general spam. You can find the server !** Rumple's Bloodshed **! under Warfare. As soon as I get everything done I'll be posting some screen shots & a cool video of the content & gameplay!

On a side note I know a lot of people don't play custom servers because they have to download content over and over. The games default cache settings are to blame. Follow these simple instructions to make ALL your downloads stick!

UT3 cache settings: Go to your MyDocuments/MyGames/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config folder and look for the UTEngine.ini and open it in Windows Notepad. Hold Control and hit the F key to open the search box. Type cache then hit enter. Look for these entries:

StaleCacheDays=
MaxStaleCacheSize=
MaxOverallCacheSize=

Set them to the following and save the file.

StaleCacheDays=365
MaxStaleCacheSize=999
MaxOverallCacheSize=999

It'll purge your cache and you'll have to re-download everything but after that your downloads will stay.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Why all the dramatic caps and dramatic colored text and why not post it for download? This is just a server advert either way and the cache stuff...I think that's up to the players. And that will not make it stay forever, I am not sure about UT3 right now because it's been a while since I last played, but in the old games if you set the days to 0 it will keep there without a year limit even. And purging the already downloaded stuff, why the hell that? Why should they do that? Another thing, you tell them to open Windows Notepad. Well, what if they are not using that and prefer something else? Just say text editor to be universal or say "for example", why all those commands.
Btw, are you from Netherlands or something?

Last edited:

HEDRumple

Jan 20, 2010
A: I put it in bold to make it easier to read.
B: The text is default back.
C: A lot of people don't know about the cache settings. It purges when the settings are changed. I didn't make it that way.
D: This is a work in progress. It's not ready for distribution.
E: I'm not giving anyone "commands".
F: Why the hostility? I'm providing something new for FREE.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
A: I put it in bold to make it easier to read.
B: The text is default back.
C: A lot of people don't know about the cache settings. It purges when the settings are changed. I didn't make it that way.
D: This is a work in progress. It's not ready for distribution.
E: I'm not giving anyone "commands".
F: Why the hostility? I'm providing something new for FREE.
A: That's not bold, that's just caps. There's a difference between that. Caps usually mean shouting too.
B: The text is default back? What does that mean? You mean black? It's not black over here, depends on what you use again but on the white background I guess so, yes. But what does it matter anyway? Why making it all red or whatever? It's pain to read for my eyes.
C: Then you should just advise them, that's all. The way you made it sound made it sound like a requriement and it has nothing to do with the mod.
D: Oh? You did not imply that before.
E: Then don't make it a strict "follow this, follow that" affair, why not be a little vague and just name a recommendation of what you'd do at best? Not everyone needs constant telling what to do in such way. So if you don't give anyone commands don't make it sound so.
F: It's not a hostility and "FREEEEE" doesn't mean anything (besides you are not providing it just like that, you have it on your game server so not everyone can play/see it anytime and how he wants and what maps he wants). Besides you still haven't answered the last line of my previous post.

HEDRumple

Jan 20, 2010
I'm in the United States of America.
If you re-read my original post you'll see that I say that I'm still working on it.

I still have a lot of work to do but hopefully some of you will enjoy the change to a more tactical style of play as opposed to the general spam. You can find the server !** Rumple's Bloodshed **! under Warfare. As soon as I get everything done I'll be posting some screen shots & a cool video of the content & gameplay!

THIS IS CAPS!
This is bold.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
A. The entire post content isn't caps and wasn't. The thread title is and as much as it may irritate, it's a mere thread title. The post itself isn't caps, anywhere. It's bold though. The entire text being bold is actually difficult to read, maybe the most important terms should be in bold.
B. It's black on a blueish background. Something's off with your browser settings, can't see any other reason. It's not red.
C. He did make it clear that what he does is mere solution to a problem, only if the problem occurs:
On a side note I know a lot of people don't play custom servers because they have to download content over and over. The games default cache settings are to blame. Follow these simple instructions to make ALL your downloads stick!
On a side note -- so it's not related to the modification he's advertising here. It is a bonus, all there's to it.
D. He did not? And this?
I still have a lot of work to do but hopefully some of you will enjoy the change
E. He made a simple tutorial on how to fix a problem. Why being vague? What's so bad in a strict set of instructions that is simple to read and follow if one seeks a solution to the problem?
F. Yes, it is hostility. And even if it weren't, it's ordering around all right. You, Leo, are the one ordering him around -- telling him how he should put things in words, how he should express himself over here, how he should write a tutorial.
---
And on a side note, does it matter where HEDRumple comes from? Does it matter if I'm Polish or you're Czech? The type of man you are is either commendable or condemnable regardless of the place you come from.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I'm in the United States of America.
If you re-read my original post you'll see that I say that I'm still working on it.

THIS IS CAPS!
This is bold.
I did not challenge that. I challenged the "not ready for distribution", because you can release early version of the mod to public and after all it is being tested on your server. I got the part that it is not entirely complete, thank you.

And I didn't imply entire text was in caps, but some words were in caps, like the HOVERBOARD part and others, making them look so dramatic imo.
Besides I have to use a text based browser so some codes do work differently on here, and it displayed as red, even though what I use is actually the text standard but along the way this got lost/changed. So it's not red for others, but on different settings/background it does appear different and still my point about it stands despite this.
You did miss my point. And the instructions weren't to fix a problem, it was telling me to use Windows Notepad and hitting this and that. Simple damn "for example" in front of the insructions would have been enough. Instead it went like this.
And no I'm not ordering around either, I am simply reacting to these instructions perhaps not suiting everyone. If you haven't noticed in the unreal psx rework readme I mentioned that even in UT they don't have to use oldskool. It's all about the choices, I am only pointing out to this.
EDIT: And the country remark was just me being curious because of your attitude. I did not imply it matters where someone comes from or BS like that. But certain people coming from some places do act in a certain way in general, then again "US" is a bit broad, because there are many countries with different backgrounds/cultures.
Also I don't know why it's being called BLOODSHED, when it's a Warfare modification. I would imagine something really gory/bloody from this name.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Writing a whole post in bold is as useless as writing everything in caps. This is a newly created thread, and the first post is clearly visible already.

Last edited:

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
WTF are you talking about. Maybe you need help ASAP. Did you change your nappies yet? Do you need help with that?

Very funny, clap clap :rolleyes:

The guy is trying to divulge his hard work for a practically dead game and get some people to play with him on his server. Instead of being interested in his maps/gametype, and asking for him to post some pics, for example, you're interested if he writes his posts in bold or caps or red or white or whatever. C'mon...

Why would you even check out a thread on the UT3 section, Leo? From all I learned about you from "reading" your useless wall rants, you either are poor and can't afford a computer capable of running a 2007 game or you loath it because Leo loath everything. Get lost!

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The guy is trying to divulge his hard work for a practically dead game and get some people to play with him on his server. Instead of being interested in his maps/gametype, and asking for him to post some pics, for example, you're interested if he writes his posts in bold or caps or red or white or whatever. C'mon...

Why would you even check out a thread on the UT3 section, Leo? From all I learned about you from "reading" your useless wall rants, you either are poor and can't afford a computer capable of running a 2007 game or you loath it because Leo loath everything. Get lost!

Brother Numsie agrees.

VsuTQNb.gif

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Very funny, clap clap :rolleyes:

I used to play UT3 regulary until like beginning of 2010, even worked on a little map. Right now I don't have space/hardware alright.
Where did you get the idea I loathe everything? You really make no sense. And if he wanted to show screenshots he would already. It's really funny considering how bad reaction Kew got when reappearing out of sudden and yet some random guy with a server mod posting this way and you are all over defending him. And your "help" comment pretty much confirms your bias and it was an insult implying that I need help because I am insane or whatever. Perhaps instead of going to attacks you should realize that I tried to help the guy by making it look better. Instead what I got is hissy fits.
He could have improved his post and make it sound less pushy, instead again, hissy fits, can't take criticism apparently, neither of you.
You know what? Just your head out of your ass already. Perhaps then you can actually see what I meant and that *perhaps* you have a bit of distorted idea about me.
tldr: I have valid points that you immature idiots can't even comprehend.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Valid points? Immature?

Do you even read what you post?!
And then I read your posts/tags, all those immature pictures and stuff that makes you feel like on top of the world. Yeah, you truly are a mature person. And next time don't comment on Unreal threads either because apparently you never played the original. Can just twist it around like that if you want.
If you haven't noticed, I don't post the rage/stupid threads anymore (unless it's april fools joke etc) and I have changed quite a bit. But I see no improvement in you at all.
EDIT: And if the guy wants to post screenshots, why doesn't he then? Or anything else? Who's stopping him? Certainly not me. I am not stopping him/discouraging him at all. I can't even do that, it's not my position to decide, even if I wanted and the mod sucked so much and I am not implying it does.
Well at least he removed the bold/etc now, that is already an improvement. Why not settle it on that then?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Improvement? I don't need improvement.

And I don't give a shit about Unreal games. Good luck being crazy!
Everyone needs improvement. If you don't improve, you stagnate and you stagnate and stagnate without realizing how senile you are becoming or how vulnerable and ignorant. There's always a room for improvement, in fact this mindset is what is behind majority of the "world" problems.
If you don't give a shit about Unreal games, why are you here? Who is crazy then? You are here so you can socialize/make fun of someone on off topic or IRC. Is that all really worth it? Why don't you ask yourself?

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Sorry for your thread getting shit on, HEDRumple.

[edit] You're right though, Leo. There really isn't a good reason to stick around. Mostly everyone I still talk to that I met here, doesn't even come here anymore because it's dead, just like Unreal and UT.

Actually, I really like the politics and religion threads. Here's to 8 more years at BuF!

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Sorry for your thread getting shit on, HEDRumple.

[edit] You're right though, Leo. There really isn't a good reason to stick around. Mostly everyone I still talk to that I met here, doesn't even come here anymore because it's dead, just like Unreal and UT.

Actually, I really like the politics and religion threads. Here's to 8 more years at BuF!
To me it's not a matter whether a game is considered dead or not. You could have noticed that I spent time researching/recovering some old stuff and to me it is fascinating/interesting to divulge into it.