Deus Ex sucks!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I really think it's wrong to say those things are terrible as opposed to mediocre, though.

This is going to boil down to a matter of opinion, but I stand by my statement. If any one of the elements in the game, from the combat to stealth, etc. was put into a smaller game, that game would have been universally reviled. The only reason any of it can be excused is that the game does EVERYTHING.

I think it's important to acknowledge the interesting and important things that DX did, from successfully making an FPS RPG to allowing players to (almost) go the entire game without killing anyone and allowing multiple ways through the levels, but all of the separate systems were absolutely crap. The game itself is better than the sum of its parts, but that doesn't mean I'm going to excuse any of the parts.

~Jason

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
Asscheek_jiggle.gif

MOAR!!!:tup:

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Exactly. It isn't that bad on itself when I gave it another chance now. But the inventory system is convoluted and takes time to use, i mean you need to switch the items between the quick slots so often or add them to it. The whole game is slow, it is rather passive gameplay, I guess it can be good when you want to chill out. I am rather used to fast action though. The seperate systems aren't that good as dragonfliet said. Perhaps if it was just put as RPG-adventure game I would like it better, but as FPS it sucks.

StalwartUK

Feb 12, 2008
England
Which ending did you do?

Compared to how well thought out the rest of the game was the last level felt like it was slapped up at the last minute. All you have to do to get a different ending is do something a bit different on the last level and then you get a one minute scene. Based on hype and most of the previous levels I was expecting a bit more.

System Shock 2 always left me fully satisfied. Speaking of which I really need to play it again sometime. It's just that awesome.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I played both Deus Ex and SystemShock2 but never finished either one because of my UT series addiction.;) I don't remember either one being particularly bad and I don't even remember Daikatana being particularly bad, but I remember not being able to finish Daikatana because of some minor glitch or something I just didn't like about the game at one point. None of the above really sucked though. I do like the way this thread was garnished though.