Unreal Tournament with Geforce3 Ti200 {Problem}

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arcane2k2

Dec 7, 2001
Visit site
Everything looks great and when I play online I get around 70FPS AVG in 1280 x 768 32BIT.

The problem is some of the textures on the walls or pillars in the game looks poor quality and sort of darkened. Also I heard with a voodoo5000 you can get up to 100FPS AVG in UT...then why does the geforce3 fail in comparison?
Please help me out, I may be uninstalling Unreal Tournament since I don't get the full performance I'd like to get from my Geforce 3 gfx.

Thanks in advance

Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition patchd 436 with updated open-gl driver

P4 1.7GHz
Geforce3 Ti200 64MB
512 RAM
WindowsXP
Latest Det Drivers (23.11)

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
The Unreal engine was made for Glide. So a voodoo card can still outperforme a GeForce.

That graphics glitches might come from wrong settings. You can also try different Detonators.
You said "OpenGL drivers". Use D3D if you use OpenGL

But uninstalling UT because you "only" get 70 FPS, is a bit dumb :)

Last edited:

Arcane2k2

Dec 7, 2001
Visit site
nah it ain't dumb fool
I can save up the harddrive space for other games that fully utilize the power of my geforce3 gfx.
&
I don't have to play ut with those ugly textures generated by the ****ty biased glide engine

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
It isn't that UT doesn't run with GF cards. It runs perfect on my GF MX with everything turned up.

However it might need tweaking for some settings. I heard of people who had framerate drops with new Det. So try an older one

aka(scorpius)

White Rabbit
Dec 5, 2001
nyc
Visit site
I've just swapped out a V5 to a TI200. Using the PNY 21.88 drivers I average about 80-100 fps online (at 1024x768-32 bit, no FSAA, 32 tap aniso) depending on the map. Maps with lots of wide open spaces drop to 50-60 fps. That's about the same that the V5 did in 16 bit Glide. 70 fps at 1280 sounds about right.

Inre the darkened textures, I can only advise you to play D3D instead of OpenGL.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
A) He doesn't know THAT much about what he speaks

B) If he ONLY wants to play games that utilitze his oh-so-precious Ti200, he can go play Aquanox.

C) If he's not willing to play UT because it doesn't get 11000FPS, his loss, not ours.

No need to help folks that don't really want to be helped.

You guys are letting him hold UT hostage to get us to help.

Screw that.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
B) If he ONLY wants to play games that utilitze his oh-so-precious Ti200, he can go play Aquanox.
Actually I really want that game. I played Schleichfahrt for ages :)
But my current rig can't handle Aquanox I guess. But I will get it once I upgraded

And C is so right. UT is not about graphics (which are still great). It's about gameplay :)

aka(scorpius)

White Rabbit
Dec 5, 2001
nyc
Visit site
Originally posted by Rooster

A) He doesn't know THAT much about what he speaks

That's for sure, if he thinks a V5 is going to give him anywhere near those framerates in 32 bit. Don't get me wrong, I think the V5 is a kickass card, but it still doesn't perform anywhere near 70 fps in 32 bit 1280.

0chre

Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
I get horrible black diagonal 'lines' all down various textures ,pillars ,corners of rooms etc ,these lines 'shimmer' as the affected area comes into view.It looks incredibly ugly ,OpenGL does this but not D3D however colours appear flatter in D3D .I've tried various Detonators all with the same result .

I'm uing the latest OpenGL Dll because with the default one it is far too dark to play the game .My settings:

*OpenGL
*32bit colour
*1024x768
*World and Skin detail HIGH
*Dynamic lighting on ,decals on ,everything on :D

System :

P4 1.7Ghz
Geforce 2 Ti 64MB (using Det 23.11 drivers)
512MB Ram

..almost the same system as the dude that started this thread heh .My UT performance seems a bit better than his though ...I can run at these settings and get 90-100FPS average which although not as high as I get in quake 3 (200-300fps) is still pretty darn respectable .I do get slowdowns to ~50 fps sometimes with about 9 guys and a room full of decal marks and body parts on screen at once heh...but thats hardly a problem .Its just these incredibly ugly balck lines on the textures ,they are extremely annoying ...just posting this here to see if anyone has encountered this problem and knows of a way to get rid of it .

aka(scorpius)

White Rabbit
Dec 5, 2001
nyc
Visit site
Ochre -

Have you tried the WickedGL .dll; I've heard that people are getting very good results with same.

Inre flat colours with D3D - have you played with the digital vibrance settings in the drivers (under the colour tab)?

dizasta

Apr 21, 2000
Visit site
You say you are getting around 70 avg FPS on a p4 1.7..hrmm.
Have you disabled vsync both in UT and in your video card controls?

I get around 250 FPS average on Coret with all detals on high running in OpenGL. On more open maps like Face it drops down to the 150 range.

AthlonXP 1500
Geforce 2 GTS
256 MB DDRram

0chre

Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by aka(scorpius)
Ochre -

Have you tried the WickedGL .dll; I've heard that people are getting very good results with same.

Inre flat colours with D3D - have you played with the digital vibrance settings in the drivers (under the colour tab)?

No I don't know where to get it or if it works with my card or even wht it is heh... ?Anyone else with a GF2 use it ?
I haven't changed anything on the card's settings except enabling anisotropic filtering (Rooster's suggestion in another thread) .Prolly just have to go back to using Direct 3D ...god I got sick of using that for 2.5 years on my 450 :(