Bioshock Infinite

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
It's officially out on PC as of 16 minutes ago (I guess?) and reviewers are basically calling it the next messiah of gaming. It currently has a 96% rating on Metacritic, which is quite impressive.

My copy is downloading now and should be ready to launch tomorrow morning. Except for a few errands I cleared my entire schedule tomorrow just so I could play it all day :D With review scores like this I can't see how it wouldn't be awesome.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Let me know when its $20 bucks or less. First 2 games were great for the $10 bucks I spent so I figured I would give this one a fair deal and go for 20.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Let me know when its $20 bucks or less. First 2 games were great for the $10 bucks I spent so I figured I would give this one a fair deal and go for 20.

I've never enjoyed paying $50-$60 for a new game, but some recent releases (FarCry 3, Tomb Raider) have been worth it in my opinion. Tomb Raider was a little on short side but it was still worth it. Bioshock Infinite looks like it's going to be another one but we'll see.

Epic needs to find some talent like Ken Levine.

I've long-since given up on Epic. It seems like Gears of War is the only series they really care about these days and I have little interest in GoW. I had high hopes for Bulletstorm and while it was a fantastic action FPS, it wasn't the game I was hoping for. Hell, let's be honest -- it was basically Gears of War in first-person. But whatever.

Last edited:

AKWolf

Feb 3, 2008
SoCal
The mouse settings on this blows. The default setting is too twitchy and imprecise for fast target acquisition,even with on the fly mouse DPI adjustments. The slider all the way to the left has a noticeable input lag even with DPI adjustments. V sync is off .

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Mouse lag is very noticeable but the game isn't suffering for me from it. I stuck the slider on notch in from the left and then dropped my DPI on my mouse and it seems better but still not great.

There are definitely a few UI problems (seriously, you have to press "Enter" to move between areas and there is no other option) however after playing for a solid two hours I can say the reviews on this one are exactly right. The game is freaking awesome. It doesn't have a lot of the cheap chills Bioshock had, but that is to be expected. It's got a ton of fun value, it looks pretty amazing, and the story so far is simply great. It will be pretty hard to beat this game for GOTY this year.

As for if it's worth $60, I'm not sure. But I haven't even gotten into the thick of the plot yet after two hours. I'm guessing this will be 10-15 hours long (about the same as Bioshock). Just depends on how bad you want to play it. I think hal bought it and the season pass for $50.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008

This pretty much.
BioShock was the biggest waste I ever paid on. What a boring game. Didn't even bother with the second one.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
i haven't bought a PC game since Portal 2, so i haven't upgraded my PC in a while. i have the absolute minimum requirements for this. Really, reading the "minimum" specs describes my PC except for Windows Vista.

i really want to get this, but how is it running on your guys' rigs?

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I'm a couple of hours in, so far it's kickass. There are a few UI annoyances as others have said, but the game runs fantastic with most settings on Ultra and the rest on High. Occasionally there are small hitches (I guess it's streaming in a new part of the map?) but otherwise it's smooth as butter. There is a small amount of mouse lag in the main menu but I've had none in-game.

EDIT: This game has some fantastic visuals. Click for 1920x1080.

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/jRAoVPe.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I'm on the fence on getting this. It looks really cool, and I really liked the world of Bioshock. I just wonder if I will finish this or not. I might wait for a patch to see if they fix the problems.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I'm on the fence on getting this. It looks really cool, and I really liked the world of Bioshock. I just wonder if I will finish this or not. I might wait for a patch to see if they fix the problems.

Just get it, no need to wait for a patch. There really aren't any problems besides some poor UI design choices and some minor performance inconsistencies. The game itself is tons of fun. Some of the gameplay concepts are a bit dated when compared with other recent shooters, but it's definitely solid. I'm probably six hours in and the plot is very entertaining thus far. As usual with Bioshock games, the environments and 'period piece' feel of the world and voice acting are spot-on. It feels like a Bioshock game but there's more and better of everything; if you enjoyed the last two (especially the first) then you'll greatly enjoy this one.

I do think Rapture was more interesting, but Columbia has it's 'wow' moments. I will say that 2K has nailed the concept of these art-deco cities in odd places, they really feel like they could exist and prosper if only the technology was there.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
That's a terrible screenshot DarkEd, haha.

Anyway, I'll echo sentiments that it's a fantastic game. The gameplay has some deep flaws (Elizabeth's gameplay mechanics are very annoying, the vigors (powers) are fairly useless), but it's otherwise a very polished game that's quite smartly put together. I'd recommend it.

Edit:

First major hitch found. It doesn't work properly with Steam Cloud. Played on PC1, saved, synched to cloud. Played on PC2, carried on where I left off, synched to cloud. Play on PC today, and the continue option is greyed out, although I can choose any of the levels from the selection menu I completed thus far on PC1....

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I'm kind of disappointed though that there's only 8 Vigors as compared to the 12 that were in Bioshock.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
EDIT: This game has some fantastic visuals. Click for 1920x1080.

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/jRAoVPe.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

The game looks nice... nothing over the top - nothing to bash here. The thing is, if I'd go get games for their looks I'd be fucking dumb. Yeah. Crysis 3!

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
fovh.png

I give up.

Last edited: