Borderlands' Mad Moxxi DLC Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
fixt.

I don't see the appeal in this dlc at all. The combat in borderlands is okay, but definitely not the main drive of the game. What I (and most, I'm sure) enjoy the most about it is just running around scavenging for phatloots and developing your character.

Then this DLC clearly isn't for you. The devs were very specific saying that they developed Moxxi for teams to test themselves in arena battles, something many people were asking for. Dr. Zed is more about questing and loots.

I don't object at all to the DLC. I don't mind paying a little more to expand on a game I like as long as there's value in what they're offering and they don't saddle it with install limits. Why should I be bothered having to keep track of tools to uninstall my game? It's simply hassling the honest consumer. Also, they've priced these a bit high, imo. I paid a little over $30 for the game and these ring in at a third of the total price. I'd wager there's not a third more content.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I don't mind paying a little more to expand on a game I like as long as there's value in what they're offering and they don't saddle it with install limits.

I don't get why 2K couldn't be arsed to drop SecuROM from the Steam release, or at the very least include the Deauthorization Tool as was done with Arkham Asylum. I shouldn't have to run over to SecuROM's homepage to get the silly tool.

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
I don't get why 2K couldn't be arsed to drop SecuROM from the Steam release, or at the very least include the Deauthorization Tool as was done with Arkham Asylum. I shouldn't have to run over to SecuROM's homepage to get the silly tool.
Would it kill Valve to put a clause to drop any non-Steam-DRM for Steam releases into other companies' contracts? They'd (Valve'd) get mad props from me if they did that...

np: Underworld - BalletLane (AHundredDaysOff)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Would it kill Valve to put a clause to drop any non-Steam-DRM for Steam releases into other companies' contracts? They'd (Valve'd) get mad props from me if they did that...

np: Underworld - BalletLane (AHundredDaysOff)
They'd also lose 10% or so of their contracts.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
It's one thing for DLC to be overpriced. But as far as I'm concerned, the introduction of SecuROM means buying this would reduce the value of a game I own.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
[NBK]Rattman;2402291 said:
I'm ok with forking out a few bucks for DLC as long as the DLC I get is good and adds value to the game

I think Dr. Neds was pretty good and added value to my Borderlands game...but this Mad Moxxi DLC seems like a diversion to the real game

Ya. The Dr. Ned feels like the Bring Down the Sky DLC for Mass Effect and Mad Moxi appears more like Pinnacle Station DLC (which still hasn't been offically released)