Simple Questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Minifig3D

Youngling
Nov 12, 2009
www.blenderartists.org
Most forums need a catch-all thread for questions that are too simple to start new threads on, so here it is!:D

For starters, why does my mouse-look have inverted up and down? This is very confusing and I would like to change it. How can I do so?

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
You sure? Look in the main menu - settings. There is an option for it there that should work.

You can also type this "invertmouse" in the console. To open it, the "tab" key or the regular "tilde" key you may know from Unreal/Quake/Half Life.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
When I played on my laptop yesterday I couldn't change my mousespeed. Whenever i changed the sensitivity value, got out of the settings it was still at the same speed and back in the settings the number was reset. UT3mod version. I'm not sure it's the fault of TheBall, might be win7 locking files or something like that.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
You both use different builds though so bit weird. We didn't do much about the whole settings thing in UT3 except one fix, so it may be Win7. Also note that if you login to UT3, it may mess up. By logging in it may try to retrieve saved ini files from elsewhere instead of using The Ball config files.

We will look into the UDK problem. The console command doesn't do it either?

Minifig3D

Youngling
Nov 12, 2009
www.blenderartists.org
I tried it on my XP computer as well, and yes, it still does not work.
I just tried the console command on my XP machine, and it did fix it though!

a standard game player should not need to use the console though. I do hope this menu problem gets fixed soon.

Last edited:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
The console command should certainly work on Win7. If it doesn't then thats a problem for Epic to fix, we can't do much about those standard console commands.
The entire options menu in the UDK is not really great. The UDK engine does not offer good support for a well build out settings menu right now which is very annoying.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Another thing: Is there supposed to be something special after you survived round 9 in survival? Because when I tried the gametype yesterday and killed all the monsters in the last round it just sat there with the round 9 bar flashing. Level didn't end, nothing.