UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Malevol3nt

May 29, 2008
So is this the magic UT3.5 you've all been looking for or just a minimal polish? What say you?

Need some feedback before I reach for the installation dvd.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Dito.. have the same problem with that key settings. But it is not only that.. nothing seems to be saved, after you quit the game. AFAIK this was a former bug from one of the first versions of the game. Very Weired. I hope now for a quick fix.

Hmm... seem to lose all controls when I enter a game.

I can navigate the menus fine, but once a map loads, the only keys that work are ctrl-alt-del. D'oh!

I didn't have a problem before the patch and other apps and games work fine.

I've double checked my key binds in the menus and everything appears correct.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions as to what might be causing this for me?

For now, the patch has rendered the game unplayable for me, which is killing me because I desperately want to try out all the new content. :(

Try this: delete UTInput.ini from /My Docs/My
Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config. Restart the game so it
recreates the file.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

saracen16

Certified Flak Monkey
Apr 23, 2008
Sands of Arabia
I just tried the Titan Pack maps with the Titan mutator and I have to say that it ROCKS! Thank you, Epic. You guys have outdone yourselves on this one. I have to say, though, that WAR-Confrontation is a LARGE map and the cores are hard to hit. I really enjoyed playing ColdHarbor and DarkMatch.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Nice. I hope there's no problems with the new vote menu.

Is there a final changelog up somewhere?

Go&nd

Meow
Jul 3, 2002
Visit site
Deleting the UTInput.ini fixed my problem. Thanks!

I actually just figured it out on my own, but since you (hal) took the time to respond with a solution that works, you still get the props! ;)

I was initially hesitant to try this as I didn't want to have to re-configure all my bindings, but apparently the key bindings are also kept somewhere else as everything was configured fine when I restarted UT. Go figure.

Anyways... thanks!

Last edited:

Ogs

Da Bomb
Mar 3, 2006
On the Steam store UT3 is now called "Unreal Tournament 3 Black", sup yo.

EXE-973

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
Those bastards, I bought another copy for my son's steam account this morning so he could play as well... and NOW it goes to 40% off...

Maximus2003

Mar 25, 2003
South Africa
Strange, a couple of hours back UT3 ran fine after I patched it to patch 4 together with the Titan pack. Now when I try and start it I keep getting a steam error:

"The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes." Dam frustrating. Anyone else having this issue?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Oh hey mine's updated already. Apparently Valve never put out an update news item so the only way to tell is to check the game's folder or catch it downloading.

If anyone is curious, new content is in the UTGame\CookedPC\UT3G folder. The previous bonus pack maps haven't moved.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I have a question.

Updating trough steam is really long ATM, and really inaccurate, for example, I lost all my 27% by pausing the download and start it again. I have the RETAIL game MOVED to Steam.

What happens if I download the patch and titan pack and install them manually like the good old days? Will that work? Or?

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
I have a question.

Updating trough steam is really long ATM, and really inaccurate, for example, I lost all my 27% by pausing the download and start it again. I have the RETAIL game MOVED to Steam.

What happens if I download the patch and titan pack and install them manually like the good old days? Will that work? Or?

I manually installed the patch more than 8 hours ago over a STEAM version of the game, and now that i just home, it's updating @ 85KB/s, so...

Miker

Master Mullet
A friend of mine who's running Vista 32-bit says he gets a runtime error on his Steam copy of UT3, does anybody know how to fix this? He's on a laptop, Dell XPS M1530, with a 2.4ghz core 2 duo, 4 gigs of RAM, and an 8600M GT (182.06 driver). It worked fine prior to the Titan Pack/patch that came out today. Any ideas?